Thread: thoughts and ideas wanted

Northwest AK

Default thoughts and ideas wanted

My dad and his buddy are coming up here to spend some time with me at camp. But now he wants to stop for a couple days in ANC and go halibut fishing (preferably) out of Seward. He wants to do an overnight on a boat (leave in pm catch a limit and then catch another limit after midnight) so he can get a two limits and come on up to see me. I've been given the task of trying to set this up for him and am looking for recommendations.

chugiak, ak

Default salt water safaries does this out of seward I think

give them a call. Good outfit, good gear. But they know they are good too, sometimes the attitude could be a little better, BUT I have never had a bad day with them.

Default Overnight

Search the web. I know at least one outfit does overnight x2 limit trips out of Homer, I would think Seward has something similar.

If you're real adventurous, you could rent a Hewes from these guys in Whittier and do it yourself.

Eagle River, Alaska, United States

Default Overnights

Alaska Coastal Marine does them out of Homer. Hit or miss for big fish. I've done them many times throughout the last decade and a half and they seem to focus on quantity with a few 50's in the mix.

There is another operator out of Homer and at least one in Seward, but I've never fished with them.

Alaska Coastal does have a "new" boat (Nautilus) that has sleeping births for all which is nice if you are not into sleeping in a booth or partying all night. It is big and runs smooth.