Thread: Gulkana/Paxton/Fielding Lake Fishing

Default Gulkana/Paxton/Fielding Lake Fishing

We had some really good days fishing! I'll post the pictures because they speak louder than words!

4 our of 4 on King success!!!

The Husband

The Best Friend

Myself

Friend of the Family
    Lurker.

Group picture
    Lurker.

Paxton Lake

Myself

The Husband

The Best Friend

Friend of the Family
    Lurker.

Fielding Lake

Lurker.

Thumbs up nice pics

Well looks like you all had a great time. Nice kings and trout makes me miss alaska any more see awesome pics like that. I see the one kling is tagged anything cool found out about that. Congrats to you all.

Matt

Angry

I am just glad they finally got the Gulkana CLOSED for Kings. There were too many targeting the very few spawners that were making it to the river. This fishery needs to be protected better and it is best if people would just leave them alone, when they are in jeapordy. It is better to leave a few fish in the river for future runs.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by caribouhunter1 View Post
    Well looks like you all had a great time. Nice kings and trout makes me miss alaska any more see awesome pics like that. I see the one kling is tagged anything cool found out about that. Congrats to you all.

Matt
    Thanks, Matt!
    Nothing cool other than it's just the tracking device for F&G. My husband had a few of those last year when he guided.
    If you miss Alaska, this means that you should return and retire here!

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I am just glad they finally got the Gulkana CLOSED for Kings. There were too many targeting the very few spawners that were making it to the river. This fishery needs to be protected better and it is best if people would just leave them alone, when they are in jeapordy. It is better to leave a few fish in the river for future runs.
    Good grief! Does this mean that I am Alaskan yet, AKRES... ?!?!? Or do I still have to learn how to use a chainsaw???
    Lurker.

YEAH! Your first King!

Quote Originally Posted by cristancanoe View Post
    YEAH! Your first King!
    Ha! Isn't that something! It was a good thing that I didn't catch my first King with you in Seward. (winks) I guess I know why now!
    Lurker.

Smile

Looks like a great weekend of fishing and congrats on your first king! I miss fishing those areas and can't wait to hit them again.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Looks like a great weekend of fishing and congrats on your first king! I miss fishing those areas and can't wait to hit them again.
    Thanks for the congrats. It was pretty fun! We will definitely be doing this yearly, but our guide is retiring next year.
    That means that we get to do a retirement party for him through the month of June next year!
    Lurker.

Were you fishing with Tyler Meinhold? Just recognized Swivel in the boat with y'all. Nice fish!
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by LastFrontierLabs View Post
    Were you fishing with Tyler Meinhold? Just recognized Swivel in the boat with y'all. Nice fish!
    <smiles>
    There is none other!!
    He likes to be refered to as 'Tyler the Great'. It reminds him back in his 3rd grade years! He'd get a good chuckle if he knew that I was telling you that!
    Swivel is such a good, good doggie. I really enjoyed having him along the ride with us.
    You can see a picture of Tyler behind me in my King picture.
    He's seriously contimplating retiring this next year, LastFrontierLabs. We'd like to all be down there next year for his 'going away' month long party/get together on the Gulkana.
    Lurker.

We were fishing there on Sunday and had gone down the weekend before that when all of the Navy/Marines were there fishing. We were in the "camo" Extreme Shallow with the brown canvas.

We sold Swivel to Tyler and she is a good boat dog for him.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson