Thread: PWS monster

Default PWS monster

My uncle from Oregon and I left out of whittier on Wednesday and arrived to absolutely stunning weather. The fishing started slow but changed dramatically in the afternoon when I found fish on a summit plateau. We landed and released five keper lings. Then she took a 16 oz. lead head with a glow and red tail tipped with a piece of chum salmon.When I got her boat side after 30 minutes she was enormous.We took several pictures and were trying to get a good measurement before releasing her and tickled her just wrong. She took an amazing run across the top of the water that was going to spool my reel so we pursued with the boat until she dove again. 15 minutes later she was boatside again best measurement was nearly 6' 6" with a fishing pole. I leader her and nearly lost a few fingers but the jig was hooked deep up through the top of the mouth. I finally got it pulled and she left to the bottom with a splash. Tidebook measurement estimates her at 247 Lbs. We also landed some dandy yelloweyes. Went and anchored in 50' of water for the night and just after dinner the clicker went crazy and up came avery lively 103 Lber that I under estimated and put her in the box. Here are my alloted 4 pictures.

Default Nice!

Dandy way to spend your time off. I get more details when you get here Tuesday.

Good looking fish, Bob! Any silvers showing up, yet?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Bob very nice. i'm very jealous,time to give up the river and head to the salt..

Default A few more pics

Thumbs up

Nice pics. Sure don't hear many actual stories of folks releasing the big girls. My hat's off to you. She's off to spawn another day, and you still ended up with a nice keeper. How's that for karma?

Sounds like you guys had a pretty good trip. Mind if I ask what general area you were fishing? Not lookin' for GPS coordinates or anything too specific. I'm certainly willing to pay my dues searching. But, there's a lot of water out there, and narrowing down the search area even a little sure would be nice.

From the type and size of the fish you caught, it sounds like you were probably pretty far south. And I know most of the flatties in the Sound are found in the Montegue area. But, sadly, I just don't have the range to get there... I'm hoping to find a search area just a little closer.

You can PM me if you're willing to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

amazing pics^^, ty for sharing
    sevenmag

Great pictures nice fish and looks like you had some good weather to boot. Job well done -

Great job on the fish...........thanks for the pics.........pm me and i will send you a couple of hats on our next order
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM