Thread: Why do they wait until the last minute??? Harvest tags...

Default Why do they wait until the last minute??? Harvest tags...

I went to Fish and Game today to pick up my Chitina permits, and wanted to get my caribou harvest tags too since we are going to be hunting them starting the first of July. Well, they said they had a problem at the printers and they won't be out until next week. I asked them what do we do then? The season starts and I can't hunt because you guys can't get your stuff together?

This has happened in the past before to, and they issued me the previous years tags and put a note on it.

My question is, why do they wait until the last minute to print these and distribute them? The only differences I really know of are the year, color and permit numbers are different, otherwise they are the same.

Do you think these guys could be a little more pro-active and print these in May so they don't have these problems? They are saying that I might have to try and get tags in Coldfoot on Tuesday if they don't have them in Fairbanks on Monday. Wow, can I get a guarantee with that?

Probably printed in China and they were out of lead bassed ink for the job

Probably printed in China and they were out of lead bassed ink for the job

Good one

Thumbs down

But the truth.

Default Online

I'm pretty sure you can print your general season harvest tag on the AK fish and game website. Black Bear & Caribou are now available.

Check it out!

http://www.adfg.state.ak.us/

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can print your general season harvest tag on the AK fish and game website. Black Bear & Caribou are now available.

Check it out!

Great find Irish.

Here is a more direct link:

https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/i...ermit_greeting

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post

Check it out!

Wow, thank you!!! I have them printed out. You da man Irish!

Now what I can't get over is the fact that Fish and Game tells me I'm SOL and I come here to complain and find out that there are options out there to get them other than the general tickets they print out. You'd think the guys at the front desk would have directed me to their website to get them instead of telling me to gamble on picking them up in Coldfoot!

Don't count on F&G for any helpful or acurate info! The Palmer office has given me the run around (one individual in particular) so many times I go to the anchorage office to do all my business now and I verify any info they give me through another source! I will even get the name of the folks I talked with just to be on the safe side. For example you can hunt waterfowl on private property in the city of Palmer with a bow and flu flu's. I had the number of the palmer office and the names of 2 LEO's I had spoken too in my pocket with me before I started that hunt! Really weird to be stalking a carne with traffic going by, planes flying overhead and tourists taking pictures of my lunch. I'll be passing on the crane control offer from the very Kind dairy farmer who offered me the hunt last year.

Yes I hunted cranes a few hundred yards from the charter school and the Palmer airport last year.

BTW my birthday is opening day for haul road caribou, thanks F&G I couldn't have asked for a better gift!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Great find Irish.

Here is a more direct link:

https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/i...ermit_greeting
    Irish and Lanche - Thanks! Man, the wonders of modern technology. I just got my tags for black bear and caribou for a hunt in August, from Afghanistan.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.