Thread: Kodiak Road System

Default Kodiak Road System

Gonna be hopping on a ferry Saturday headed for Kodiak, was wondering if anyone could provide an update of how the road system is producing. Are there actually a decent run of kings coming through monoshka and amercian/olds as ADFG claims? How are reds at pasagshak? Any big bright chums showing up anywhere? (Could use a fun fight) Or lastly any pinks or dollys?

Thanks alot and cant wait to go fishing!
    -Nick

Default Kodiak info...

If a local does not chide in a reply, keyword search ADF&G Kodiak and three telephone numbers will pop up. The call to the field office might be worth your time.

You might also call Ultimate Island Adventures or Kodiak ATV Adventures and either Shawn or Mike can fill you in.

I've been in Hell's Canyon in Idaho and have been virtually out of touch with the Kodiak scene.

Don't forget Myrtle Beach. It's on the road system and usually offers up easy fare with plenty of room for dollies.

My Kodiak return is early August; errant timing due to circumstance, but anytime there is worth my time...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Pasagshak has been pretty slow but there is still fish to be had and it could get hot any time. I've caught three kings at monoshka so far and the fish are starting to show up in schools now, haven't fished the olds or american but rember those are jacks unlike monoshka where there are your normal karluk strain big boys. It's a little early for pinks and real early for chums

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak Commando View Post
    Pasagshak has been pretty slow but there is still fish to be had and it could get hot any time. I've caught three kings at monoshka so far and the fish are starting to show up in schools now, haven't fished the olds or american but rember those are jacks unlike monoshka where there are your normal karluk strain big boys. It's a little early for pinks and real early for chums
    I was thinking about giving Monoshka a try this up coming week. Are you fishing the creek or the salt? Spoons?