Thread: Bell and Carlson "medalist" stocks, opinions?

Default Bell and Carlson "medalist" stocks, opinions?

Thinking about replacing the injection molded trash that came on my model 70 classic. Would like the mcmillan but i just dont have the money. Read reviews on cabelas and midway's sites and seemed that the only complaint was that it required some work to fit them. I dont mind if it takes a few hours w/ a dremel tool. I was wondering if anyone on here had a any first hand experience with them. Thankyou for any replies.

I was sick when I broke the stock on my Model 70 .243, but I replaced it with a Bell Carlson stock. The fitting was a breeze since the plant is located here in D odge and they fitted it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by STEELHEAD 125 View Post
    Thinking about replacing the injection molded trash that came on my model 70 classic. Would like the mcmillan but i just dont have the money. Read reviews on cabelas and midway's sites and seemed that the only complaint was that it required some work to fit them. I dont mind if it takes a few hours w/ a dremel tool. I was wondering if anyone on here had a any first hand experience with them. Thankyou for any replies.
    I replaced the wood stock on my Weatherby Mark V in 340 with a medalist a couple of years ago. The fit is very acceptable and I have been satisfied with its performance. I did free float the barrel and I used acraglas with atomized aluminum to fit the bedding block to the action. It is light years ahead of the injection molded stocks that are common and has performed as I expected. I think you will be well satisfied with its fit, finish and function.