Thread: I need HELP Please

Default I need HELP Please

This is my first year in Alaska. My father and nephews are coming up and will be here from t he 27th june-10th of july. I would like to get them on some hot salmon. reds, kings whatever. I have a raft and have done the willow, little willow, kenai and even the knik just for fun.

Is there any where a guy can find reds in numbers during the time they will be here? what would be the best bet for kings? any help would be great. thanks.

Float the upper kenai for Reds. Their are still plenty of fish in the river and the limit is up to 6 per person. Just got back from there yesterday and limited out both days. Float the lower Kenai on Monday (no motors allowed) for a quiet day of King fishing. You might try floating the Kasilof for reds or kings.

Default Thanks MD

I am going to take a float on the Kenai for sure. I have never hit the Kasilof. I was looking at the sonar counts and it looks like a good number of reds are moving up river. I cant find much on how to fish the river. What is the water like. Clear, silty or what. Is it fished like the upper Kenai?

Dad has put together a lot of great trips for me when I was a kid in Washington State. I would love to see him have a great trip. thanks for any and all advice.