Thread: Draw Hunts from the Kenai

Default Draw Hunts from the Kenai

I am looking at doing a drawing goat hunt off the road system on the Kenai peninsula. What are some of the best goat draw areas that I could hike into?
    Marc Theiler

Default next to the road

the best walk in goat hunts are right next to the road. Check out the trails in the permit areas, and make a decision based on that. There are some that are better than others, but plan on doing some walking.
    There's nothing easy (or short) about goat hunting. Otherwise, we'd call ourselves golfers.

Default Goat Hunts

I am looking at taking my boat to Sadie & Halibut Cove for the 1st, and 2nd choices, looking for a 3rd now. Believe me, hiking and working hard isn't a problem whatsoever. There's no place I can't go, just want to be an area that produces good animals.
    Marc Theiler

Quote Originally Posted by theilercabin View Post
    Believe me, hiking and working hard isn't a problem whatsoever. There's no place I can't go, just want to be an area that produces good animals.
    Sounds like you were made for Kings Bay in western PWS then...... Lots of goats, high odds of drawing, miserable alder busting climb/hike.....