Thread: Current Burris owners....let's hear your field reports on your Burris optics.

Default Current Burris owners....let's hear your field reports on your Burris optics.

Hello Burris Owners,

Over the years I've owned Nikkon, Burris, Eotech, Trijicon, Leupold, Bushnell, Simmons, and Steiner optics. Out of all the brands that I've personally used in the field.........I've since started to refine my opitcs line-up with nothing but Burris. If I havent sold the non burris brands.....it's in the plans to get rid of everything else. Everything I've ever owned with the Burris name on it has been absoulutely flawless, tough as nails, and bright/crystal clear........does anyone else out there have a similiar experience?

stimpy

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    Everything I've ever owned with the Burris name on it has been absoulutely flawless, tough as nails, and bright/crystal clear........does anyone else out there have a similiar experience?
    Close. I have a Burris spotting scope that has disappointed me a little due to it's clarity not being on par with the expensive European models, but the price of the Burris was much more affordable, and it works fine. I had one rifle scope fail, but I sent it back to the factory and it was replaced without question.

Default Burris fan

With several Burris scopes, a Burris spotting scope, and Burris binoculars, I am a very big fan of Burris. They gaurantee their products. For example, if I found a rifle that had been lost ten years ago that had a Burris scope on it, and the scope was fogged, I could send the scope to Burris and they would make it right, even though you were the one who lost the rifle, not me.

For the money, it is a great product that has performed just fine for the applications that I put them to task with.

First Burris I had was a 1.75-5x20 FF I bought back in the mid 80's. GOOD scope but sold it to a friend in need 5-6yrs ago for his .444 Marlin. Still in use. He LUVS it!
    Last summer I worked up loads for two rifles w/FFII 3-9x40's on them. Both w/ Ballistic-Plex reticles. Again GOOD scopes. Clear edge to edge,tracked true,and held their zeros.
    Lately I've been researching the 2-7x35 FFII w/3P#4 reticle for my 20"bbl 9.3x62mm Mauser rifle. So far everything I've read has been positive. Gee,who woulda thought!

Quote Originally Posted by 300S&W View Post
    First Burris I had was a 1.75-5x20 FF I bought back in the mid 80's. GOOD scope but sold it to a friend in need 5-6yrs ago for his .444 Marlin. Still in use. He LUVS it!
    Last summer I worked up loads for two rifles w/FFII 3-9x40's on them. Both w/ Ballistic-Plex reticles. Again GOOD scopes. Clear edge to edge,tracked true,and held their zeros.
    Lately I've been researching the 2-7x35 FFII w/3P#4 reticle for my 20"bbl 9.3x62mm Mauser rifle. So far everything I've read has been positive. Gee,who woulda thought!
    My top of the line Burris is the XTR with the 30mm tube. good scope. My go to scope is a the 1.75-5 FF too! Ur right....It's an awsome scope. Bought it new back in 04 for my "then new" browinng lever. hundreds of 250 grainers later.....still holding strong. I also have a 9.3/w 20 in. barrel. That CZ will prob get a 30mm tubed Burris 1.5-6. (Future Brown Bear rifle with big field of view). I've been issued Steiners for my time outside the wire (every freaking waking day), I handed my Burris Landmarks up to my gunner when the Steiners crapped the bed.....he didn't want to give em back. The spotting scopes.....yeah....uh they cost like next to nothing....I kind of wonder about them.

Smile burris timberline

Well I have a new burris timberline rifle scope. Supposedly they are small and made for short mags with long eye relief. Initially I had problems cause the scope in the box did not match the scope I paid for. Once they finally agreed and made it right with even a nicer scope than I paid for, its working well. The optics are fairly clear, and considering one third the price of Leupold its way better value and features so far. The BDC marks are too faint, but I have a target model so its probably expected. the target knobs work great and the positive clicks are a huge improvement over my older leupold which lacked this. The only feature I havent tested yet is durability, but I plan to expose it to water, ice snow and the school of hard knocks this Fall so I will have to review it again then.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

I've had several of Burris's later offerings including a long eye reilef Safari Select. Darn nice scope for the cash.

I'm personally not impressed with their posi lock feature but you don't have to use it I guess.

I have a 3-9x40mm Burris FF2 on my Stevens 200, a 2-7 FF2 on my wife's 308, and a 4.5-14 FF2 Tact on my AR-15. After thrashing my Stevens 200 all winter long on the trapline and out pred hunting the scope has been flawless. The burris scopes have really impressed me so far.

Default Fantastic scopes...

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post

Everything I've ever owned with the Burris name on it has been absoulutely flawless, tough as nails, and bright/crystal clear........does anyone else out there have a similiar experience?
    Same exact experience.

I have a Signature Series 6-24 on a 300 Weatherby for about ten years now. Got the 8-32 Black Diamond on an Armalite AR-50 (50 BMG) for the last 5 years. And I have had two Fullfields on other 300 Weatherbys over the years. Top notch stuff, no question about it. Holds zero, never had any trouble of any kind. Burris "Forever" warranty. What more could one want?
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I have a burris signature scope from 1998. It is a 1.75x6. It failed on me on a fly in moose hunt. It would not stay focused. It would blur if jarred or if the rifle was fired. Burris repaired the scope. I have not used it since for hunting. I replaced it with a leupold.

My dad was happy my burris scope failed. He got to shoot a nice moose.

I have a pair of burris 10 x 30's that are pretty good, but still not quite a bright in the twilight as the european ones my buddies use. Price was way better though

I have 10X50 signature selects and love them...especially for the 400.00 price tag i paid for them at Cabelas...Excluding Swaro, Zeiss, Lieca, and Nikon EDG (ALL 1500.00 +) there is nothing that compares...espically in the price range.
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT