Thread: Hunters Ed

Default Hunters Ed

Unable to find anything searching old posts(my comp skills?). Could someone tell me when and how to go about getting my son hunters ed classes, or post a link to previous posts. He is 13, will be 14 Nov. 11th, and will be moving here to live next month. I plan on starting him here on bunnies but would like to get the classes out of the way to be ready for spring hunting. Thanks in advance guys.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by dandeo2003 View Post
    Unable to find anything searching old posts(my comp skills?). Could someone tell me when and how to go about getting my son hunters ed classes, or post a link to previous posts. He is 13, will be 14 Nov. 11th, and will be moving here to live next month. I plan on starting him here on bunnies but would like to get the classes out of the way to be ready for spring hunting. Thanks in advance guys.

Tom
    Here you go!

There are a few ways to go about getting the course, which are outlined here:

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...fg=he.basic_ed

What I did was the home study booklet with an 8 hour course and shoot with my wife 2 winters ago. Here is a list of the classes offered when and where.

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...er%20education

You can also do an online course as well.

Hope this helps.

Seriously consider taking the class with him and getting your card. Several states require hunter-ed to hunt there and don't recognize the fact that you may be exempt in Alaska. I never thought I'd hunt out of state until lately and I am sure glad I have my hunter safety card in Alaska.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Thanks guys

Thank you guys for the links, AKDoug that is a great idea. I took hunter's ed when I was a child. Back then it was offered in school. Over the years I have misplaced to certificate I got from it. I think it would be a great refresher too.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Seriously consider taking the class with him and getting your card. Several states require hunter-ed to hunt there and don't recognize the fact that you may be exempt in Alaska. I never thought I'd hunt out of state until lately and I am sure glad I have my hunter safety card in Alaska.