Thread: Silvers starting to show in Seward

Default Silvers starting to show in Seward

Yes they are showing up in the usual places. no wide open salmon fishing yet but on average boats are getting 1 or 2 per fishermen, maybe more if you are good at catching salmon. Maybe less if you have no clue. Plenty of bait and life out at Pony Cove. Scattered silvers started showing up about a week ago.

Go get um!!

Thanks for the report

This is great news.

Am I correct in assuming these silvers will move into the Resurrection Bay near town and provide for some shore fishing?

If so - any idea what time they'll start showing up near the mouth of the Resurrection River?

Quote Originally Posted by scnettek View Post
    This is great news.

Am I correct in assuming these silvers will move into the Resurrection Bay near town and provide for some shore fishing?

If so - any idea what time they'll start showing up near the mouth of the Resurrection River?
    August. Us with boats have gotten pretty efficient at catching them though, and it seems from reports less fish make it to the shores than in past years.

Quote Originally Posted by wildog View Post
    August. Us with boats have gotten pretty efficient at catching them though, and it seems from reports less fish make it to the shores than in past years.
    Excellent for you guys - and yet a sad report for us lowly shore fishermen with no boat

Get a boat!!!! It's only priorities. Who needs food, shelter, medicine and things like that. Just get a boat!!! None of us regular folks can afford the darn things but we have one. Just get a boat!!! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oralaska View Post
    Get a boat!!!! It's only priorities. Who needs food, shelter, medicine and things like that. Just get a boat!!! None of us regular folks can afford the darn things but we have one. Just get a boat!!! Sorry I couldn't resist.

halleluja!!!
    Go Fish

Default There HERE - Silvers At Pony Cove & Cheval

Yesterday was HOT for Silvers in Pony Cove & Cheval Narrows.
    We could of had 4 limits in a few hours if we wanted. We stopped short
    and ran for halibut. Downriggers W herring and a lure called the Salmon Prop (B&J) at 45-60 ft
    Lg silver herring - not greens or blues
    How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

Quote Originally Posted by akfishnut View Post
    Yesterday was HOT for Silvers in Pony Cove & Cheval Narrows.
    We could of had 4 limits in a few hours if we wanted. We stopped short
    and ran for halibut. Downriggers W herring and a lure called the Salmon Prop (B&J) at 45-60 ft
    Lg silver herring - not greens or blues
    I concur, I was there too. (light blue 26' hewescraft). We finished about 9:00 a.m. and went out for halibut and lings. We had two triples and lots of doubles. We could have caught 42 silvers with our crew, but we stopped at 21 because we wanted to fish outside the bay. Watch out for pinks, they try to sneak in your boat too every now and then.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.