Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's into sport quads?

Default Who's into sport quads?

Who's here is into sport quads? I see a few of them around but not many.

Here is my blaster, I love it and its a ton of fun but I want to move up to something bigger like a 250r or banshee.

And here is my beater. Its a kawaski mojave. and yes its spray painted.....

Mods are as follows

Blaster: fmf fatty pipe, cf hood, no toil air filter, shaved fenders, oil injection block off, tors removed. And painted frame, wheels, bumper ect.
    Just the usual

Mojave: smoothie hood. Thats it as of now. the left fender is broken so I tried to make them as even as possible haha.

Ya but where do you put the moose quarters and the plow.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARBOB View Post
    Ya but where do you put the moose quarters and the plow.
    Thats why you have a 4x4 utitlly..... Thats what thier for, work. Sport quads are for fun

Quote Originally Posted by northpoleguy View Post
    Thats why you have a 4x4 utitlly..... Thats what thier for, work. Sport quads are for fun
    What's the matter you never heard of sarcasm.

North pole guy,Kool bikes man. I have just the fix for your prob...89 Honda 250R, nice bike restored a few years ago, make that blaster feel like granny's ride , 2 g's (not saying your ride sucks, just a comparison). Plastic has a few scratches but its got FMF ram valve reeds, 36MM kehin carb 34mm stock, FMF fat boy pipe, Works front shox, stock prept PEP rear shock, ATC 250R engine (the good one, more HP) +.030 over bore 270cc, hole shot tires on bead lock wheels, High zoot rear axle, nerf bars and aftermarket bumpers...etc. Hook me up with cash and ride like a pro. Banshees are lame...too heavy for the preformance and way under sprung. This thing will circle stock Banshees and laugh in their face. This bike is set up for GNCC racing, no lights, or any thing that doesn't add to performance. Its fun to tear up the new 450 r's with an old 2 stroke, and 200 bucks and 45 min to do a complete top end vs hundreds more and 4 hrs with a 4 stroke, don't forget to adjust the valve train...HAHA. Send me a PM if interested. Wasilla.
    Last edited by 2dawgs; 06-27-2009 at 00:28. Reason: clarity and wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dawgs View Post
    North pole guy,Kool bikes man. I have just the fix for your prob...89 Honda 250R, nice bike restored a few years ago, make that blaster feel like granny's ride , 2 g's (not saying your ride sucks, just a comparison). Plastic has a few scratches but its got FMF ram valve reeds, 36MM kehin carb 34mm stock, FMF fat boy pipe, Works front shox, stock prept PEP rear shock, ATC 250R engine (the good one, more HP) +.030 over bore 270cc, hole shot tires on bead lock wheels, High zoot rear axle, nerf bars and aftermarket bumpers...etc. Hook me up with cash and ride like a pro. Banshees are lame...too heavy for the preformance and way under sprung. This thing will circle stock Banshees and laugh in their face. This bike is set up for GNCC racing, no lights, or any thing that doesn't add to performance. Its fun to tear up the new 450 r's with an old 2 stroke, and 200 bucks and 45 min to do a complete top end vs hundreds more and 4 hrs with a 4 stroke, don't forget to adjust the valve train...HAHA. Send me a PM if interested. Wasilla.
    Thanks

I know my blasters slow

250r's are kings! I would love to buy the bike but I just don't have the money right now... you know how things are right now.. But thank you very much. If I actully have money in a few months and I'm looking for a bike, I'll give you a pm if you still have the bike.

lets see some pics of the 250r though!

4 pokes suck!! ( don't get me worng the new 450's are amazing and make a fool out of my slow little blaster) you ever check out http://forums.everything2stroke.com/ great site for us smokers.

Also a .03 over piston only makes it like 254 NOT 270cc! Also overbores are only for if you need it rebuild the engine ( seizes, ect.) Not for more power.. the only time a bigger piston adds more power is if its an actual big bore kit..

Cool want a banshee

yeah im into sport quads, i really wanted to get a banshee, i herd those things tear it up. there's a lot of snot-nosed teenagers here who think they're fast with their raptor 350's and motor bikes. i want to get something to blow them all away, to shut them up. also a few guys here got... lets see: DS 650, raptor 700, and a raptor 660. everyone think they got THE ride because the low roar of a 4-stroke. but nothing can beat the wail of a screaming 2-stroke! 4-strokes are good though.

I'd love to get a sport quad. The CanAm Renegade 800 would definitely be the machine for me. With the locking front diff in 4x4, this machine would be bad! Seen a few of 'em in action and the low-end grunt these things seem to have is awesome.

i love my renegade, the only downfall is dealing with amds or any other can-am dealer for that matter on warranty issues.. a $1600 dollar fix that should have been covered under warranty ended up costing $800 and a little bit of my own labor.. rather than be bent over by amds.

Are ALL CanAm dealers that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I havn't been to one that gave me the warm and fuzzy to go ahead and purchase anything from them.
    If I was going to get a sport quad it would be a couple year old Wolverine. With a set of aggressive tires it would still be fun to rip around on but could go most places I take my utility rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by jechuck91 View Post
    yeah im into sport quads, i really wanted to get a banshee, i herd those things tear it up. there's a lot of snot-nosed teenagers here who think they're fast with their raptor 350's and motor bikes. i want to get something to blow them all away, to shut them up. also a few guys here got... lets see: DS 650, raptor 700, and a raptor 660. everyone think they got THE ride because the low roar of a 4-stroke. but nothing can beat the wail of a screaming 2-stroke! 4-strokes are good though.
    I hear you man. I just love these guys with loud 4pokes who think their god... Don't get me wrong their great, both have their advantages and if someone gave me a new yfz or ktm I'd be all over that But I hate the mentality most have, but I have also met very cool people that ride 450's and raptors, and complete a-holes that ride 250r's and shees... It does go both ways.

If you want to go fast a shee is right for you! The aftermarket support is endless Do your homework ( I say join a forum ), build it right and you can have an insanely fast quad thats reliable. If you ever get tired of stock with a few bolt ons, get it ported and a cool head, if you get tired of that build a 4mill stroker with cpi small bore pipes... the possibilities are endless.

But if you want to go almost as fast, but alot lighter and still the best handling ( all 450's today still use that same frame geometry ) get a honda 250r. HUGE aftermarket support. Get a 330 or 350 big bore and say good bye 450's! Then get some +2 +1 a-arms, elka or axxis shocks and you can jump and go through whoops all day!

Well my blaster looks quite different now. I finally got rid of those big horrible balloons in the back and got some maxxis razr cross rear tires. I also got some new reeds and a uni clamp on. Oh and painted the frame a diff color.. white wasn't doin it for me. I'll proboblly sell it this spring and get a shee, I wanted to get a +3 stroker and a ct 240 big bore cylinder ported with the pipe and crab to match.... But from the money side of things I my as well sell it and get a better platform to mod, and a shee has that.

Question yup

yeah, but i want to buy a new or used and like new. something thats relyable, fast and easy to maintain. something like a 450. something that wount put a hole in my wallet

Quote Originally Posted by jechuck91 View Post
    yeah, but i want to buy a new or used and like new. something thats relyable, fast and easy to maintain. something like a 450. something that wount put a hole in my wallet
    I can undrstand that.

was never really a fan of how the blaster looked.. but yours looks hot!

heres a few pics of my toyz

mine has the mudlites and nerf bars....

and heres one of the renegade and my buddy's grizz 700

and a quick vid up in sutton on the first snowfall a few years back..

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    yes.. they are all that bad..

to make a long story short.. i purchased my renegade and amds.. and serviced my quad regularly there... prior to breakdown.. i had noted that the rear diff was making a noise at the last service.. they "tried to duplicate" the issue with no luck.. and charged me a 1/2 hour to do so.. on top of the $270 service.. 5 month later i bring it to them with my rear diff split in TWO.

the declined the warranty claim.. stating that is wasnt "mechanical failure" that a rock or tree stump my have got caught in the drive line causing it to bind and break... what joke! then they continue to try to rape me on parts and labor.. had the diff broke because of abuse i would gladly fix or repair and pay for the said damages.. but because i told them about a rear diff issue at the previous service and them go on to say that its not covered is a crock..

on another note.. I love my renegade and the motor performs flawlessly and has more power than ill ever need... i have no issues servicing and repairing my own rigs.. so i will do so here on out.. it just sucks that when it should have been a covered issue under warranty for them to try to stick it to me... /end rant..

Thanks that means alot! But mines pretty much stock, nothin all that cool about it.

Nice pred and renegade you got there!

Cool yup

yeah... i think im gonna stick with the yamaha banshee. im gonna fish for that next summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast