Thread: From Anchorage to Seward

Default From Anchorage to Seward

I made the drive down to Seward this weekend and for some odd reason noticed more than I usually do. Are any of the rivers running from the Whittier turn off down to Seward good fishing? Most of the looked like great fly streams. Thanks.

Ingram Creek at the end of the flats/beginning of the pass is good for silvers and pinks (when thier in) and dollies most of the summerand fall. Bertha Creek in the pass has golden fin trout and dollies. sixmile creek and granite creek near hope cutoff can have awesome rainbow and dolly fishing as well as silvers in the fall. you can fish the confluence of sixmile and canyon creek ( the big bridge near hope cutoff), there ive seen kings and silvers and some very large trout. Lower Summit Lake and its outlet creeks can be fun for dollies and rainbows as well. More toward Seward, there is Ptarmigan creek, Victor Creek, and Trail River, which all have trout.

Great info, thaks for taken your time. I have been lucky enough to catch many kinds of trout, but never a gold fin. Thanks again.

keep in mind a really nice gold fin trout is about 7-8"....

Gold fin trout? I have been trying to find information on this species and cannot, are they brook trout? Brookies get gold colored fin tips when they are in their spawning colors, would you mind elaborating?

Quote Originally Posted by jarredbehrendt View Post
    Gold fin trout? I have been trying to find information on this species and cannot, are they brook trout? Brookies get gold colored fin tips when they are in their spawning colors, would you mind elaborating?
    They are usually a charr of some sort, either Arctic charr or Dolly Varden. Normally freshwater residents only, thus the dinky size and also usually found in dinky waters. But very pretty and rather easy to catch.