Thread: Juneau in early July

Default Juneau in early July

Coming through on a cruise ship and will be there in early July for 10 hrs. I was wondering what type of fishing would be best for that time frame. Salt water fishing or river fishing. I really don't want to go halibut fishing and would prefer king salmon. Any advice? Really would like to fish only 4 to 5 hrs at the most as I probably need to spend some time with my wife in town.

Quote Originally Posted by mherbert View Post
    Coming through on a cruise ship and will be there in early July for 10 hrs. I was wondering what type of fishing would be best for that time frame. Salt water fishing or river fishing. I really don't want to go halibut fishing and would prefer king salmon. Any advice? Really would like to fish only 4 to 5 hrs at the most as I probably need to spend some time with my wife in town.
    King salmon = DIPAC or Fish Creek. DIPAC there are Rod Rentals at the GoFish Grill.

For a 5-hour investment, you'll either be fishing from shore, or on a charter trolling for whatever salmon are out there. 4-6 lines on 2-4 downriggers, rotating between 6 tourists on board... probably a good deal of keta salmon beginning to show in the mix too.

Personally, after having just taken a cruise a few weeks ago, I would pass on the fishing and spend the day with my bride. Maybe go for a flight-seeing tour and have a nice lunch off-ship someplace. Either that, or see if she wants to go catch some halibut on a full-day trip.

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]