Thread: Places to ride on the Kenai

Default Places to ride on the Kenai

Hey all, I am looking for places new other than Caribou Hills and Greycliffs to go riding. Not looking for anything crazy, perferably something my kid's Griz 90 can get through...
    Any advice, seems more and more places are not so ATV friendly.
    I once found a list of snowmobile areas by location and how to access them, which included a bit about the area.. something like that would be awesome if it exists... any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jamie

Of course the beach is always great from Capt. Cook. Take a look at the Spirit lake area at the end of carver off strawberry, just stay off private posted and native land.

We are actually very limited here on the kenai because of the wildlife refuge, which atv's are not allowed on at any time. Then with the native and private land thrown in, there's not much left. There are many siesmic trails and what not all over from sterling to nikiski , many of which your son's wheeler might be able to handle.

Did some riding at Captain Cook this past weekend. Lots of rocks for the little ones to watch out for, but a fun ride none the less. My son just loves the huge boulders. Stopped to have a small picnic one one that we could easily climb up on. Had a very nice time on a beautiful summer day.

Quote Originally Posted by akscott View Post
    Did some riding at Captain Cook this past weekend. Lots of rocks for the little ones to watch out for, but a fun ride none the less. My son just loves the huge boulders. Stopped to have a small picnic one one that we could easily climb up on. Had a very nice time on a beautiful summer day.
    Thanks for the report!

How old are your kids? I ask because I have a 9 and 11 that have honda 420s and would like to take them on an 'inlet' ride. They do fine but we are still in "angry eyed dad" stage with their riding. Nothing too gnarly yet