Thread: zipper replacement help

Default zipper replacement help

Has anybody ever had a zipper replaced on a tent door with sucess ? Couldn't remember if there was a place in Anch. that would do this or not.

Alaska Tent & Tarp on Intl. Airport Road & "B" st. Los Anchorage, where Howards Gun Strore was. Good People.

Default thanks

Will give them a try
    Thanks

REI actually does a zipper replacement as well.
    If you are not interested in replacing your zipper, maybe you might want to consider velcro for your tent instead. I have an old friend that takes out their zippers and replaces them immediately with velcro for all of their hikes and hunts.
    Lurker.

Thumbs up AK Tent And Tarp

Alaska Tent & Tarp just did some work on one of my tents that had experienced a medium size fire. The fire was inside the tent....long story.

They did the work in half the projected time.
    They properly repaired and replaced more fabric than I had asked of them, which was great.
    The tent now appears new.
    And they charged me half of what they had originally estimated.

And most important, they actually demonstrated very great communication and customer service skills while I was there. It was, without a question, the best customer service I have ever experienced, anywhere-anytime.

If my client hunters ever burn up another tent I will immediately take it to Alaska Tent & Tarp!!!

Dennis
    AK TAGS

I find that *most* of the time a zipper needs repair, the only thing that needs replacing is the zipper truck (the part that does the zipping). The zipper teeth themselves are usually fine, and the truck is easily replaced.

But one time I got fed up with the small zipper in my tent, so I bought a very large (#10 Delrin) zipper and just sewed it right over the top of the old zipper fabric. The old zipper still works if I'm careful, but I don't bother with it, and the new one will surely out live the tent. It was a supremely easy project to do for anyone with very modest sewing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    Alaska Tent & Tarp just did some work on one of my tents that had experienced a medium size fire. The fire was inside the tent....long story.

They did the work in half the projected time.
    They properly repaired and replaced more fabric than I had asked of them, which was great.
    The tent now appears new.
    And they charged me half of what they had originally estimated.

And most important, they actually demonstrated very great communication and customer service skills while I was there. It was, without a question, the best customer service I have ever experienced, anywhere-anytime.

If my client hunters ever burn up another tent I will immediately take it to Alaska Tent & Tarp!!!

Dennis
    AK TAGS
    what specifically qualifies a fire as "medium" sized and what type of device would create it? Further more what type/size of tent survives a fire meeting this classification in good enough shape to be repaired? Sounds like a "long story" that may be worth sitting through.

Jim- I had Alaska Tent and Tarp put in one of those huge zippers on my family tent. Why the tent folks don't do this in the first place I will never know.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem