Thread: Lake Creek Help

Default Lake Creek Help

We're about to do a July 3-10 lake creek run with 2 rafts and 4 people total. My friends are more experienced with the rafting and we think we have our fishing gear down (good variety of presentations), but I am wondering whether anyone can send me a private message or let give me a clue or two about key king spots. I've been to Alaska before and got skunked (with a good guide) after 20 hours of king drift fishing. I know that kind of stuff regularly happens and I am patient, but is there anyone that can help a beginner like me?

I gather that the confluences are a good place to catch fish, but I think there must be others too. if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I hope to put down a marvelous fishing report after getting done there on the 10th!

Default Lake Creek

1 day to go until I start my float trip down Lake Creek. I will return on July 2nd and try to post a comment that night for you (I don't return until 8-9pm). Fish on!

Thanks. Really appreciate it! Will try to get internet access somewhere! Does anyone else have any pointers on that area? This may also be a really stupid question, but is a dry suit recommended for the lake creek trip?

-Mark