Thread: 1st red ever!!!

Default 1st red ever!!!

I'm finally getting around to posting the pic of my 1st red ever.
    We stopped by on Sunday after fishing Coho Cove on the Kasilof and my wife suggested we stop by and see what it's like. We stopped by for a little under 5 hrs and I landed 2 fish and lost a few others. Not great but being the 1st time and all, we all felt pretty good. Even with the combat fishing we all had a blast just being down there.
    Wow can they fight!
    My wife was so impressed she suggested I make a suicide run down Thursday evening...yahoooooooooooo. Does anyone know if the fish may still be there?
    I'm hooked!!! unlike the fish that got away

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Your Hooked Now

Congradulations Chuck,
    The 1st one is always the hardest one to get.Now there's no going back.Have you gotten your 1st King yet ? I took a friend from the slope on the lower Kenai this morning right at high tide and he hooked into 2 kings in the 1st hour we were there.Both got off before we could get a net under them,but it sure made for an exciting morning.
    It sounds like the 1st run of sockeye isn't done yet,so go get em...........

Nice! Congrats on your first red, aren't they a blast to fish for! Nice to see you had a good time.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Nice fish. I didn't even know I got my first red until somebody told me. I was fishing for silvers at Jim Creek and was about to leave after catching what I thought was my second silver. The guy next to me said it was a red and that I could catch one more of either species because of the possession rule up there.

Congratulations, ChuckD!

You and I are in the same boat, so to speak. AlaskaChuck hooked me up with my first Russian/Kenai Red a couple of weeks ago and holy smokes can those beasts fight! I smoked the drag on my new reel on the first fish!!!! Chuck wanted to kick my butt for cupping the reel, but he didn't know that my drag was shot! Long story, but wow, what a blast. Here's a pic of my first Red and I can't wait for my next torpedo on crack!

Hey John. Chuck is my moms neighbor. He is a great guy and had been helping out during this time. Glad to see you got em chuck
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Hey John. Chuck is my moms neighbor. He is a great guy and had been helping out during this time. Glad to see you got em chuck
    I knew this guy was golden by the first post! The Chucks on this site ROCK!!!

Default Oh I can See it Now

Fishing with Chuck's, Hanging with the Chuck's - Chuck TV, Beer Drinking witht he Chuck's.

Tim D if your cacthing this post ( I know bad pun) there is the show to shoot! Real Alaskan Chuck's fishing Alaska Beer optional.

Congrats Chuck on your fish! and AKCHUCK I hope all is well for you! See you in August eh!

We could use the phrase What's up Chuck's for the show I know I know!

Tight Lines Best Wishes

Default Thanks...

for the encouragement guy's.
    Congrats JohnSWA on your 1st reds too. Man do they fight! I loved seeing them zip around and jumping out of the water. Wow! This noob is hooked
    BlueMoose, I'll be chuckin' some some Russian river chuck's for some tasty chuck's. Getting home and drinking a chuck beer
    I'm heading back Thursday after my wife is off work and trying my 1st suicide run. Hopefully I'll be bringing back 12 fat fish. Yeeeeeehoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!