Thread: Spin out attempts...

Default Spin out attempts...

Here is some video from in the boat. We went out on fathers day and played around a little bit. I couldn't get a good spin, but probably because I wasn't going fast enough. I tried a few different ways, but without any speed, the boat just turns and doesn't spin out at all.

My brother did a camera flip to make it look like we barrel rolled, I was trying to spray the family on the beach.

I've got a longer video I'll post up later. We went up a thin slough and found a beaver dam that was about 18" high out of the water. The boat went right on up it no problem, even caught some air.

I'm not sure what else to do besides go balls out to try and spin this puppy around. It is a 20' sea ark predator with the 200 opti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnEI-OvOBbY

looks like you spun just fine...more speed = faster spin....shallower water also helps...
    id be happy to make a run with ya after work one evening at knik....we'll get 'er spinnin'....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I'd love to head out with ya, but I'm up in Fairbanks. I plan to take it out for one more run on the Chena tomorrow or Thursday then we are headed for Chitina on Friday afternoon. I don't plan on spin testing on the Copper.

Do you still have your boat up for sale? I hope all turns out well for you, I cringed when I saw your ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Do you still have your boat up for sale? I hope all turns out well for you.
    thanks for the kind words...

it is still for sale, I've had a few calls on it...the same questions gets asked at some point during the discussion..."Is this the boat I've seen on YouTube?"....

I tell them that it is on YouTube and then I never hear from them again...I can't really blame them though....those videos make the action look a lot worse than it is....truth is I almost never touch bottom or hit anything...

Too bad they don't want too look at it because it is not abused....in fact, the bottom of the boat looks good....I'm sure the first guy that looks at the boat will buy it, assuming he's not just kicking tires...

There is a chance we might be heading to the Copper as well this weekend...If we go, we'll be down stream of the bridge, I'll keep my eyes open for ya,...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

We'll be in a blue and gray F250 with chrome rims if you see us. I won't have the canopy on the boat either. We plan to make a mad dash down there and try to get what we can in a day and a half. Hopefully the pickings will still be good.

Do you guys normally dredge down by Haley? I saw two or three XS's doing that last year.