Thread: kenai - easy kayaking trips

Default kenai - easy kayaking trips

Hey all

I am new to this forum & Kenai area.. I am trying to get into kayaking during my time here and I was wondering wheres the best place to do some light kayaking? I am at an intro level and would rather avoid the class 4 rapids if you know what I mean...

Is Kenai river a good place for beginners?
    Any suggestions/advice welcome

Default Kenai

It sure is. Try the upper section from Kenai lake down to the Russian river, take out at the campground, class II.
    Good luck MO

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Hey all

I am new to this forum & Kenai area.. I am trying to get into kayaking during my time here and I was wondering wheres the best place to do some light kayaking? I am at an intro level and would rather avoid the class 4 rapids if you know what I mean...

Is Kenai river a good place for beginners?
    Any suggestions/advice welcome

The Kenai from the moose river down to Morgans Landing is an exellent begginer float and is one that is easily done after work in the evening. Very little rocks on that strech of river and little motor boat traffic as well. I used to do Swiftwater park down to Riverquest as well after work in the evening. Keep you paddles high when the boats are around to help them see you in the lower river. Have fun!