Thread: floating upper kenai

Default floating upper kenai

I am taking the fam from Sportsmans down to Jims this evening and was curious about the fishing. Is it tapering off down stream from the sanctuary Would I do better going on down towards Jims? Any Info would be much appreciated.

I floated saturday. The fishing for Reds was good down through the powerline and around windy corner. It did start to thin out after that. On the other hand the rainbow and dolly fishing was good to excellent from windy corner to jims. Articulating flesh flies and 6mm peaches and cream beads dialed in alot of fish for us
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default hmm

I dont know chuck, we floated saturday AND sunday (sunday stricly for reds) and we were slaying all the way down to jims and oddly enough we picked up 90% of our fish, fishing from the boat, while floating. 1 of the better spots was actually all through cuervo channel. From sportsmans to powerline its pretty stacked, but after that you should have no problem finding a spot. If you are interested in doing it from the boat send me a pm and ill shoot you some spots that was working well for us.
    Go Fish

Quote Originally Posted by liv2fish87 View Post
    I dont know chuck, we floated saturday AND sunday (sunday stricly for reds) and we were slaying all the way down to jims and oddly enough we picked up 90% of our fish, fishing from the boat, while floating. 1 of the better spots was actually all through cuervo channel. From sportsmans to powerline its pretty stacked, but after that you should have no problem finding a spot. If you are interested in doing it from the boat send me a pm and ill shoot you some spots that was working well for us.

Hey that is why people ask. You were there sunday and have great info as usual. Thanks for helping the guy out Jose
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight