Thread: At finger lake and wondering

Default At finger lake and wondering

If there are any fish species up close to the bank on the state property? Wanted to take my kids out there and let them hook into some fish.

Also, there was a fly rod/reel left there, dont know if it was one of the campers or if it was forgotten. Was laid up against some trees near the paths they have.

Lots of little bows there but also some big ones! I saw a sweet little old lady land about a 25 incher off the dock there last year when I was launching my boat. Good luck!!

Finger Lake is pretty slow fishing no matter what your doing there in my opinion....you should try memory lake or wasilla lake.

thanks for the info... Went out to memory lake tonight, was a little windy, then the monsoons came and had to get the little ones back in the truck. Think with the 2 y/o I am just going to throw a bobber out there. He gets a little dangerous and I had to go in the water cause he created a birds nest under the water somehow(didnt want to get spooled by a stick in the water). Boy did he throw a fit when I said we need to get before the rain comes. Guess thats like the rest of us, once we are there we dont want to leave.

I was at finger lake a few hours ago and there were a thousand little ones (land locked salmon) right at the boat ramp swimming around in a school and didn't leave. They were attacking the lures that people on the docks were casting but their hooks were too big. I think they were salmon smolt that they stock in there. (land locked silvers?)

Quote Originally Posted by wildog View Post
    I was at finger lake a few hours ago and there were a thousand little ones (land locked salmon) right at the boat ramp swimming around in a school and didn't leave. They were attacking the lures that people on the docks were casting but their hooks were too big. I think they were salmon smolt that they stock in there. (land locked silvers?)

Saw that at memory last night, but I think it was the trout smolt. Looking like it is going to be a nice day out, so I may be out there in about 3 hours or so.

Maybe the mighty King is what you were seeing...

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/State...ite=Finger%20L