Thread: Valdez Fishing

Default Valdez Fishing

I'm leaving for Valdez this friday to take the wife and boys there to sight see and fish. Last year my 15 year old and some of his friends hammered the pinks around the 4th of July from Allison Point. Can I expect the fishing to be close to the same or will it be a weak year due to being an odd year? Where else could I take the boys, ages (8), (12) and (15) to catch some fish around Valdez? Species and size is mostly irrelevant......

I spend most of my free time down on the Kenai rivers so I'm venturing into new land. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Goody

Default Nothing

I have seen nothing in the port yet. They are mostly stocked and the run should be about the same every year.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default What about around the docks?

Thanks for updating me Dave. What type of success could we expect fishing for rockfish, flounder or any thing else from the docks? Looking to keep the boys busy catching something just so they aren't bored.....

Default None

No luck fish from the city dock. It is under construction and off limits to fishing. I can't help you much.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Pinks

Sounds like its still slow as of 6/23. Hatchery coster recovery boats only found sets of a dozen or so fish in the port......

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeypeet View Post
    Sounds like its still slow as of 6/23. Hatchery coster recovery boats only found sets of a dozen or so fish in the port......
    I remember being down there last year from the 3rd til the 5th and I dont recall any salmon running around the area?