Thread: Beware of pump #1 @soldotna freddies

Default Beware of pump #1 @soldotna freddies

AND PROBABLY ALL THE OTHER PUMPS. THEY ARE NEW SUPPOSEDLY CALIBRATED LAST WEEK WHEN INSTALLED. BUT NOT SCHEDULED TO BE CERTIFIED UNTIL AT LEAST NEXT WEEK ACCORDING TO STATE MEASUREMENT STANDARDS OFFICE IN ANCHORAGE.
    I FILLED A 6.6 GALLON CONTAINER AND A 2.5 GALLON CONTAINER TO APPROX 1 INCH BELOW TOP SHOULD EQUAL ABOUT 9.1 GALLONS I WAS CHARGED FOR 10.7 . FREDDIES IT MADE THAT RIGHT, BUT WHAT ABOUT $95 OF DIESEL I PUT IN MY TRUCK AND $100 I PUT IN FRIDAY OR SATURDAY ( AT THE SAME PUMP) WAS I OVER CHARGED THAT MUCH FOR THOSE PURCHASES. AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS PURCHASED FUEL SINCE NEW PUMPS WERE PUT IN????? EVEN IF IT WAS JUST THE ONE PUMP OUT OF CALIBRATION , BUT IF ONE WAS CALIBRATED WRONG LOGIC SAYS THEY PROBABLY ALL ARE!!!
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

I don't know (have no idea), but on a fuel container rated for a certain volume, doesn't it reach the rated volume before it's actually full?

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    I don't know (have no idea), but on a fuel container rated for a certain volume, doesn't it reach the rated volume before it's actually full?
    Yep. I can usually put 16.5 gallons in my 15 gallon cans. Right at 10% over, which is pretty close to what Nimrod got in his...
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Default Fuel Pump

I wish I had kept the email I received last week.
    It said that lower 48 pumps were overcharging. Example put in 10 gallons at $2.75 a gallon and the meter says you owe $29.+ bring a calculator and when the cost is not right they said the station refunded the difference.
    Report to weight and measures.

the 2 cans i was using have marks on them as to what is the fill line and that is where they were filled to.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

I fill my 5 gallon cans all the time for the airplane. I put exactly 5 gallons in them so I know what to punch in on my fuel flow meter so I know exactly how much gas I have in the plane. I have filled them up at just about every station in Soldotna and the outcome is allways the same. If I fill to the manufactures mark, it will be 5.5 to 5.65 gallons according to the pumps. This is at every pump in town. Iguess I could weight them and go that route to see which is the bigger liar, the pump or the cans, but I would bet on the plastic molded line on the can being the liar.