Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: matsu kings

Default matsu kings

O come on guys there has to be some pics of kings caught from the Mat Su. Sitting in iraq right now and missing fishing the area. So lets see those pics guys or girls.

Matt

Where at in Iraq?? I'm at Normandy....and I double that....lets see SOME FISH!!!......FISH ON!!

Thumbs up where at

well im at warhorse. i did catch 6 carp in the last 2 days

King fishing SUCKS right now guys. There are fish in the little su, but they will hardly bite. Deshka is closed, I guess Sheep Creek was hot last week and Eklutna is dead. I floated the Little Su this last weekend and fish were being caught, but you def. had to put in your time.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

You guys in iraq are probably having the same luck we are here, yesterday when I left the little su(BURMA) at 3:00 there had only been 13 fish past the pay shack. Believe us fishing this year is real slow, but we'll keep you posted, keep up the good work and stay safe
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Default Sheep Creek

I floated Sheep on Saturday. Put in at the Parks Hwy bridge at midnight...fished every hole I could find all the way to the confluence with the Susitna. Didn't see a single King upriver on the Sheep. Did catch a li'l Rainbow.
    However, once I reached the confluence, I dropped anchor and fished the siltline....ended up with a real nice little Jack King....all chrome too. I did see quite a few lucky folks landing some nice hogs....several 50+ pounders...that were fairly well blushed out, but still very edible. I didn't have a camera as my car was broken into last week....udder-wise, there would be some pic's posted!

Default thanks guys

well keep us posted lovin hearing the stories though others eyes. keep pounding the water and ill keep pounding the ground (and the water when i can). so far 6 carp nothing over 10 inches and 1 turtle
    Attached Images Attached Images

i dont think burma board counts have much passed 30 per day all year, and those were the good days, its reel spotty. i dont think its going to get any better than that. lets hope the silvers do a heck of a lot better.

best of luck over there guys and thank you!

Here a few friends that got lucky.... let see how many people can figure out who the fishermen are....

Quote Originally Posted by sheep man View Post
    Here a few friends that got lucky.... let see how many people can figure out who the fishermen are....

Larry, Curly, and Moe....
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default update 6-22

tried lil su again last night (6pm-11pm). saw one jump. he was impressive but never saw him again. board counts read 16 day before and 21 yesterday. had a couple friends try little willow over the weekend...nothing. my friends and i fish hard, cover lots of water backtroll, cast vibrax, wiggle warts, quickfish... everything in the box. we pride ourselves on being the types to "always" catch fish. we will fish 12-14 hours a day whatever it takes... its just not happening. its a poor poor year for mat valley kings... actually its depressing.

Caribouhunter1- thank you for your service. Stay safe in Iraq. We got lucky on the Little Su last Thursday (the date stamp on the camera is wrong) I was frustrated by the low #s of kings everywhere and wanted to get the kids into a king, so I paid the user fee and hired a guide. Totally worth it. Hooked 4, boated 3.

Default Pep boys?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Larry, Curly, and Moe....

I think it is these guys:

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by akseakayaker View Post
    I floated Sheep on Saturday. Put in at the Parks Hwy bridge at midnight...fished every hole I could find all the way to the confluence with the Susitna. Didn't see a single King upriver on the Sheep. Did catch a li'l Rainbow.
    However, once I reached the confluence, I dropped anchor and fished the siltline....ended up with a real nice little Jack King....all chrome too. I did see quite a few lucky folks landing some nice hogs....several 50+ pounders...that were fairly well blushed out, but still very edible. I didn't have a camera as my car was broken into last week....udder-wise, there would be some pic's posted!
    sea kayaker me and 3 other guys spent all of fathers day fishing below the parks highway bridge on down to the big beaver dam (bout 1mile or so?) and the big bend and didnt see one king. Fished multiple lures in slow water holes as well as flipping fast water. maybe next week. oh and saw very impressive grizzly tracks all along the bank, probly the same big guy we saw last year harassing fishermen in the evening.... ill be carrying the .44 next time around. Also Note: The Private Property along the South Bank of Sheep Creek near the Big Beaver Dam area is now POSTED due to littering, camping,poaching, blatant crossing and ignorant trespassing of private property, and the use of fires on the bank. After repeated attempts to prevent these activities, the owners are now patrolling and enforcing no-trespassing laws. Please obey the rules and help keep it accessible.

caribouhunter1,

Nice to see you have caught the elusive Iraqi carp. What did you use for bait? I caught this beauty the other day on Cocoa Puffs. Also had another one at the edge on the bank, but he snapped my line as I tried to lift him out of the water. He was a legit 4 pounds. My commander said he needs constant intel from you on TTPs, location, and bait selection. Fish On.

Sapper 2-6

Default kings

Well thanks everyone that has responded andt the couple picsthat are posts CONGRATS. keep them coming everyone i hope this weekend is better for you all. sapper so far the fish have all been small all caught on bread peanut butter and fruit punch gatorade mix made a dough with it. fishing out infront of the towers by the hilo pad. no big fish seen yet did catch one turtle on corn. hoping to get back out there soon. keep me posted and good luck to all

Quote Originally Posted by sheep man View Post
    Well I only recognize one guy, but I'm sure Hunt_ak knows the whole bunch.

Default Good luck

Well its that time again crazy friday should be dring south right now to do some scouting for tonights fishing. So good luck and keep us posted over here and lets see some pics guys or girl.

Matt

I work as a school teacher and run bait in the summers. This season has been poor and I've been slow due to numbers! Not much roe for commercial--closures too. When you have 100 people in the people hole at sheep and others tossin' their arms out rippin' blades and "notta" it is clearly evident!

Default Nobody

Nobody connected o come on there has to be one person out there with some kings from the valley. Lets see them guys!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast