Thread: the rock got me!!!!!

Default the rock got me!!!!!

Went to clear creek today had a blast but hit a rock or smoked it. Its a pretty good hit. Need to know who to take it too to have it fixed. Take care mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default boat repair

Great land Welding in Wasilla.

Default Try Silver Streak

They are right by West Marine off of Diamond Blvd. They build their own boats and are a recognized repair facility for many brands. Good folks also.

Default looks like you got a boo-boo

Yikes....I would have liked to seen the expression on your face when you realized this was a oh crap moment.

Where ever you decided to go to get it fixed make sure they specialize in aluminum welding. Welding aluminum is not like welding steel in any fashion.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Default +2 for Great Land

Great Land Welding on the Palmer-Wasilla hwy. He repaired mine when a rock met the bottom. His work is top notch.
    BK

can you say *hull inspector*
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Default + 3 great land welding

Put some aluminum epoxy in it and keep fishing (ie JB weld or star brite) Wally world or Dewey's has it... just make sure its for aluminum boat repair. Works good
    Take her in this winter and Gary at G.L.W will fix you up

A 4rh for Great Land he does great work at a fair price

Thumbs up

I 5th Greatland, Garry is good people and my experiences with him are top notch. Very reasonable if you are into shopping around.

I going to get the bottom replaced this winter. Just going to get the hole welded and not worry to much until this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Went to clear creek today had a blast but hit a rock or smoked it. Its a pretty good hit. Need to know who to take it too to have it fixed. Take care mike
    Thats not a "HIT".... looks more like a "rub" to me

Artistic Aluminum is THE BEST aluminum welding shop in southcentral IMHO 357-9323

Thumbs up jumping on the pile

Another vote for Greatland Welding. Best service anywhere to go with top quality work.

Thumbs up Mighty putty

I use that stuff thats advertised on TV called "MIGHTY PUTTY" It really did the job and never leaked again! That stuff is truely amazing!

Brian

Your in Anchorage I'd do Silver Streak also but if your in the Valley I'd fix it right up, quality work, less overhead equals a customer
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Alvin at Artistic Aluminum is as good they get at repairing anything made out of Aluminum.

^^^
    Alvin is one heck of a nice guy!

I personally would putty it until you put some serious ouches in it and then bring it in for some TLC. Probably wouldn't be much differnce in price to fix that as a 8 inch gash.

KK

Na man don't gurp puddy on it weld it up right, it can impregnate the aluminum and make it harder to fix later. Believe me impurities in aluminum SUCK. Just trying to clean the puddy off could create a issue, along with the additional cost of your welder having to remove it.
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ