Thread: Liberty Archery...crazy little bow..

Default Liberty Archery...crazy little bow..

Not sure if this is a repost or not... Has anyone heard of/ used one of these before??Any complaints or gripes??I just can't see this thing working well, but the web page advertises otherwise. If it's so great....why have I never seen it before??Lets see what ya'll have to say.Check it out:http://libertyarchery.com/

Yeah this has come up before.....cool idea!

For reading:

Another candidate for "Compound"

Liberty Bow

Liberty 1 Bow

Cool ....thought so...

Thanks Hunt....I tried using the forum search...I must have looked past it.

I'm trying to settle an argument with a guy that knows NOTHING about bows...

He says I'm being narrow minded and jaded for imeddiatly writing that thing off as junk. He is taken with the website's selling,
    and the pics of the LIONS and BUFFALOS
    I told him if it's so darn good, why have I never heard of it?!?

I'm just trying to gather some info about it to mount an offensive.....Oh the things we do at work....

Anyone else have any info/testaments to the 'little bow that could'??

I was looking at them 2-3 years ago shyed away because i did not have one to test and with draw length non adjustable and so critical (1/8" ) did not want to go thru trouble of send it back. prettty high dollar also
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

In a nut shell shorter limbed bows are less stable, even compounds, greratly diminshing acuracy. I personally also don't like the idea of makining the coumpound bow even more complex, note the hinged limbs on the liberty, this just seems like a formula for machanical failure.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default tnt micro bow

I picked up a similar short bow at the safari club show this spring. TNT Archery supplied it. It shoots great and is handy to take along. Stability is not a issue with it, not sure Ill moose hunt with it but its sure is nice transporting it around, backpacks,rafts,biking. It like carrying a handgun vs a rifle. will be great for tee stands, birds and small game. Dont knock it till you try it...I was suprised.

Thanks guys,

I'll have to look into that TNT bigmtn...I mean, I WANT to like it...but like stated above, that hinge just looks disastorious. Also, that is A LOT of money for something I could only mail order. I'll stick with the AlphaMax...Thanks for your input guys...appreciate it.

Default bows

There have been several bows, both recurve and compound, that I've wanted to see and shoot. Living up here, sometimes is a disadvantage. Wish there was someway of getting to shoot bows that aren't accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Dingbat View Post
    Thanks Hunt....I tried using the forum search...I must have looked past it.

I'm trying to settle an argument with a guy that knows NOTHING about bows...

He says I'm being narrow minded and jaded for imeddiatly writing that thing off as junk. He is taken with the website's selling,
    and the pics of the LIONS and BUFFALOS
    I told him if it's so darn good, why have I never heard of it?!?

I'm just trying to gather some info about it to mount an offensive.....Oh the things we do at work....

Anyone else have any info/testaments to the 'little bow that could'??
    Hate to let the wind out of your sails but it might be a bit presumptuous to write it off as junk without know anything about it. Yep it has taken lions and buffalo, I've seen these lions and buffalo. Sounds like he might know a bit more than what you think he does about archery

I'm not saying its my first choice, hell it really is about the opposite of what I like in a bow but they do work, and I was surprised the first time I saw one in action. They work, guys take game with them, and hunt with a style that this type of bow is very well suited for. You just have to see if it's something that you think will accomplish your objectives in archery.

Rick
    The liberty bow does not have hinged limbs. Most people report greater accuracy that with their Hoyt, Bowtech, or Mathews. Read the Quote on the website by outdoor writer Frank Springer. Also read the testimonials from people who bought the bow.

Bow designer