Thread: Leupold magnetic boresighter

Default Leupold magnetic boresighter

I purchased one and the instructions a pretty vague?? What do you line the boresighter with?? Attach to bore and sight crosshaire to boresighter??How do you know you are square with the bore? Maybe I am over thinging thae whole thing!! Anyone help??

Thanx/joseph

I have one, and the thing is freaky... it just works. Put it on the end of your barrel, don't worry about lining it up too much, just vertical (ish), and high enough to see. Then just adjust scope to match. I tried moving it all around, and sliding it sideways/ up/ down, and it always stayed perfectly lined up.

I have no idea how it works, but it does.

Your scope is actually doing the "lining up" for you....they work well....you can depend on em!

Default Ok...

Copied from my Cabela's review just for you:

Now here's the simplest instructions:

Turn on Leupold's Zero Point Boresighter.

Place on end of barrel, find center with inch marks indicated.

Look through scope. Adjust up & down as necessary, left or right.

Adjust windage & Elevation until center with Zero Point's "target".

Remove Zero Point, & place gun on bench, aim at target, fire 1 shot.

Place Zero Point, without moving your rifle, turned on, back on muzzel, (without moving rifle) look through scope, move recticle to hole on paper target.

Remove Zero Point, & fire 1 shot to ensure zero.

Now with that, my recticle was at the lowest setting for elevation so naturaly my shot was off the target, (showing about 32" or more below the face of the paper target) low, & when I moved my recticle, following the shot, it became apparent that, that's exactly what the Zero Point was for, finding your zero...Simple. Should you do any type of maintenance on your rifle & remove the scope, just remember to add the Zero Point back on after putting the scope back on & then center the reticle, & then move the recticle where you shot the last time (tiny bits of paper & inches for elevation & windage are there just for this). It can't get any simpler than this.

I have wondered about these little gadgits, seems simple enough. The arbor rod types with the spring steel strips are not a good thing to shove down the muzzle of a rifle. I never wanted to use those at all. This magic magnetic gizmo may be just the ticket. I'll have to try one.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default Murph...

sent ya a PM