Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Is it just me...

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marshall
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Is it just me...

    or are there some good fly deals on eBay?

    Compare to say, Cabelas, ya just can't go wrong can ya?

    Speaking of which, I'd like to try to find some good bead headed nymphs size 8-12, halfbacks maybe some others...

  2. #2

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    or are there some good fly deals on eBay?

    Compare to say, Cabelas, ya just can't go wrong can ya?

    Speaking of which, I'd like to try to find some good bead headed nymphs size 8-12, halfbacks maybe some others...
    Ebay: Some days are diamonds, some days are dust. Gotta shop it often if you know what you are looking for.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3

    Default

    Tie your own and you'll never have to shop again. Well, not for flies anyway.

  4. #4
    Member jakec5253's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    381

    Default flies online

    A buddy sent me the link to this website. They come from overseas, but so do almost all flies bought from just about everywhere. This is the best deal on flies I have seen, and they will tie any fly you want, if they don't know what it is, just send them a picture with a materials list, and they will tie them for you.

    http://www.flydealflies.com/



    Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

  5. #5
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    I you live around Fairbanks, the Alaska Fly Shop on University has some good deals on flies right now...I picked up some Fat Freddies I plan on using next weekend for 75 cents a piece...

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    233

    Default

    I buy the majority of my hooks, flash, and other tying materials that dont require much grading on ebay. You can definately do better than cabelas, there are a lot of online places like J Stockard that sell materials for pretty cheap too.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Utah, claim Montana
    Posts
    15

    Default re: flydeals

    Don't order them if your in a hurry from flydeals...I ordered flies in January for a steelhead trip in March...got them in April. The flies were very well tied but took entirely too long to get.

  8. #8
    Member jakec5253's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    381

    Default flydeals

    Quote Originally Posted by phatphil View Post
    Don't order them if your in a hurry from flydeals...I ordered flies in January for a steelhead trip in March...got them in April. The flies were very well tied but took entirely too long to get.
    Good point Phil, I meant to put that in my first post. They do take 2-3 months to get to you, but their website tells you that, as does the conformation email they send once your order is placed.

    Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

  9. #9
    Premium Member Wyo2AK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Spenard
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jarredbehrendt View Post
    I buy the majority of my hooks, flash, and other tying materials that dont require much grading on ebay. You can definately do better than cabelas, there are a lot of online places like J Stockard that sell materials for pretty cheap too.
    what he said

    I tie my own, so haven't ordered flies through ebay. Have wondered about the turnaround before.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •