Thread: Game camera ( chewed on )

Default Game camera ( chewed on )

Anyone every have a bear eat and spit out their game camera before ? There was a grizzly bear that did that to my neighbors camera . What can you do to prevent something like that .

Quote Originally Posted by ultra mag View Post
    Anyone every have a bear eat and spit out their game camera before ? There was a grizzly bear that did that to my neighbors camera . What can you do to prevent something like that .
    keep the bait off your hands before touching your camera.., increase camera height, and / or put it in a box.. not the one you carried your bait in.. lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default hot spice

I need to do this for the rabbits keep eating the bark off my bushes when the snow gets higher.
    Mix eggs with a hot spice of some kind and paint on what you don't want to get eaten. The eggs are the glue and the spice just needs to be hot.
    Heard a guy did this to keep his horses from eating the fence posts. Eggs will last awhile in the rain.

Use one of these.

Bought it off of Ebay for $40

Casper,
    what kind of setup is that?

I recommend a game camera box like Casper posted. Bears tend to like Tabasco check out this research done by NOROCK

http://www.nrmsc.usgs.gov/research/NCDElure.htm
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Default game cam

The first year I used a game cam I was real careful every time I checked it I wore surgical gloves to make sure no scent touched it. No bears even licked it not a mark the whole season. Last year I got lazy and didnt wear gloves and by the 3rd week of the season it had been licked batted around and finally chewed up.

Default cam protection

Do a search on here. I bought mine online and have had several griz try to maul it. I cant remember the website but the guy is out of minnisota.
    A guy at work came up with a good idea last year. he bought some small ammo cans from a surplus store and cut the front to fit his camera then he rigged a lock. Hillbilly

If you can't use a box (i haven't found one for my stealth cam), try and keep your body scent/oils OFF the camera. I have used rubber gloves to handle my cam straight from the box.