Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How old's your chopping block?

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marshall
    Posts
    1,975

    Default How old's your chopping block?

    I've seen some pretty old chopping blocks, matter o' fact, my father-in-law kept one for at least 5 years, & boy was that a toughy trying to balance a block of wood to chop on...

    I have one that's two years old now, & is showing signs of rounding on the top, bowling in the middle, but not needed to be replaced yet...

    How old are yours?

  2. #2
    Member ksbha4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palmer/Juneau
    Posts
    187

    Default

    We have one at our hunting cabin in Southeast that is getting on to be 7 or 8 years. But since we only cut wood a couple of times a year, it's been lasting longer than it would otherwise.
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life

  3. #3
    Member Hunt'N'Photos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Mine is a large stump that we just keep cutting a little off the top when it gets worn out. Has worked for 2 years so far. Figure it should last about 2 more until we are down to the ground.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

    To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

  4. #4

    Thumbs up

    Just went out and turned mine upside down and counted the growth rings. 112 Years Old, the nearest I can figure. Most of the trees around my parts are around 50 years old, so finding this old devil for a chopping block was heaven sent.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5

    Default

    I have split about 115 cords of wood on my block. its a full round 22" tall. Even brought it up with me from Wa.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •