Thread: How old's your chopping block?

Default How old's your chopping block?

I've seen some pretty old chopping blocks, matter o' fact, my father-in-law kept one for at least 5 years, & boy was that a toughy trying to balance a block of wood to chop on...

I have one that's two years old now, & is showing signs of rounding on the top, bowling in the middle, but not needed to be replaced yet...

How old are yours?

We have one at our hunting cabin in Southeast that is getting on to be 7 or 8 years. But since we only cut wood a couple of times a year, it's been lasting longer than it would otherwise.
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life

Eagle River, Alaska

Mine is a large stump that we just keep cutting a little off the top when it gets worn out. Has worked for 2 years so far. Figure it should last about 2 more until we are down to the ground.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Thumbs up

Just went out and turned mine upside down and counted the growth rings. 112 Years Old, the nearest I can figure. Most of the trees around my parts are around 50 years old, so finding this old devil for a chopping block was heaven sent.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I have split about 115 cords of wood on my block. its a full round 22" tall. Even brought it up with me from Wa.