Thread: I did it...I made the SWITCH

Default I did it...I made the SWITCH

Just got back from Alaska Fly Fishing Goods (alaskaflyfishinggoods.com) with a brand new Switch rod. Were not all made of money so I settled for a Reddington 8wt CPX Switch...Going to take it out tonight and see what this Switch stuff is all about!

Default Great

Well it is a step in a good direction. Remember the 10 deadly sins of fly fishing.

Starts off with a great idea and goes down hill on your spending change from there.

Sin 1 - I think I might tyr fly fishing :-)
    Sin 2 - I must have more gear than this :-)
    Sin 3 - I was told I needed that so I must buy it :-)
    Sin 4 - I need to read more there must be more to it and all those types of different fishing :-)
    Sin 5 - After several years of accumalting stuff you know carry everything and have developed back and shoulder problems
    Sin 6 - Your better half finds your stash of fly fihsing stuff :-) Your busted and broke
    Sin 7 - After 10 years you now know you can fish many different ways with a min amount of gear and you know fish with a couple of fly boxes, a spare reel and some tippet material that now all fit into a good fishing shirt.
    Sin 8 - Well now you hav ecome full circle and realize there is no real savings in tying flies so now you just do it because you like it and have taken up rod building
    Sin 9 - Your no longer mad at the fish and only targer those fish you feel are worth your effort and must be over 20 inches and caught on a dry fly in Sept.
    Sin 10 - Who am I kidding there are no sins to learning the trait just lots of time and enjoyment.

Fish on Brother Fish on!

Tight Lines and Best Wishes

Blue Moose

Took it out last night. Only caught a few small dollies while targeting Salmon. Let me say, if you havent tried a switch rod, try it!

They are simply awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    Took it out last night. Only caught a few small dollies while targeting Salmon. Let me say, if you havent tried a switch rod, try it!

They are simply awesome.
    How long is your Redington rod?

They must sell those rods only in their store? I don't see it on their website...

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

11'3" 3" longer then the Z-Axis I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    11'3" 3" longer then the Z-Axis I believe...
    I have an 11' Winston 7 weight, but I haven't fished it yet.