Thread: Deltana Air Taxi for bou

Default Deltana Air Taxi for bou

Iam about to book a hunt with deltana out of happy valley for my dad (who is coming from the lower 48) and I for bou in late Aug. Any testimonials about them would be greatly appreciated. The good, bad and ugly. Thanks for any help guys

I don't know anything about them but have heard lots of good things from friends. You might want to think about booking soon as this is a bit late in the year to book an air charter, especially up north.

Default Deltana Drop-offs

Deltana will always make room for more dropoff hunters.
    They will book right up until the day before the scheduled flying date,

I overnighted at Happy Valley where Deltana has a base camp, and dropped into a valley with one of their drop camps in it in the Brooks last fall. I was not hunting with them. I was visiting some friends who own the home at Happy Valley and just flying around after my solo hunt in another valley. I dropped into the valley to visit folks in the camp not placed by Deltana. I have never hunted with Deltana.

I heard no one complain about them in either place, but will say from first hand observation, I would sure ask if I was going to be dropped into a spot with other camps already hunting. The one camp I was in was a big valley, but had too many camps in it, in my opinion. - some of them were Deltana's. Some outfits, not just Deltana, put too many hunters, too close for my taste.

Don Mulligan
    www.outdoorswithdon

The way the economy went this year Deltana still hasn't booked out even half their guided caribou hunts, either. We're booked with them the first week of August if you can wait that long for a review.

Thumbs up Deltana Outfitters

Hunted caribou with them last year, my son and I. Had a great hunt, saw thousands of caribou and no other hunters , even on the flight to spike camp . We were successfull in 2 days with 2 trophy bulls. Deltana is a no frills hunting outfit. You will hunt with them, not a Holiday Inn trip.
    Have booked a moose hunt with them in Sept. and a Brown Bear hunt in May 2010. If you want a good hunt for a real trophy you picked the right outfitter. If you want to be wined and dined choose another.( As far as the openings available, they are all cancelations, as they were previously all booked up.for 2009)

The guy who runs it is kind of a *****, but he's just that way to the hunters who don't hunt with him or are transported by him. He thinks that whole area belongs to him. But you do get your $$ worth.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been on a few fly-in hunts so I know what to expect. I just wanted to get any info I could before I booked it since I have never used them. I have herd pretty much good things about them all around. Ralph sounds like a good guy over the phone and seems like he wants to get you in the action. Not like some other guys who just throw you out and could care less if you get anything. Well thanks again for the info.
    Justin