Thread: Camper & RV Storage Facilities-Anchorage/Eagle River?

Default Camper & RV Storage Facilities-Anchorage/Eagle River?

What is the cheapest (and secure) (outdoor, non-heated) storage facility in the Anchorage/Eagle River area? I either want to store my truck camper-about 15' or my motorhome (class c); I can park ONE in my side yard but not both.

The inside scoop is that I have an older truck camper I'm trying to sell on craigslist and if I can't get $1,000 for it I want to cheaply store it (Oct-April) if I can't sell it. I called A-Sentry storage on Boniface and they want $55/month for anything under 20 feet, seems a little steep.

Any storage facilities out there where I can store this for $25-30/month? Figured it'd cost about $50/month for a motorhome <30 feet. Maybe I'm wrong.

Any ideas?

Tim

Tim, contact the folks over at the fairgrounds, we stored our motorhome there for the entire winter for a little over $300. It was kept inside but not heated and worked out great for us. You need to get a jump on it though as they fill up fast. http://www.alaskastatefair.org/facil...floorplan.html

Great! Thanks, that was the kind of deal I was looking for. Stored INSIDE??? Unbelievable!

Thanks for the link.

Tim

That seems like a reasonable deal considering it is COVERED storage!!

*What do they mean by "capping the propane?"

I'd much rather put the RV in storage and park the truck camper at/beside the house. Even if I sell the truck camper, I think I'll park the RV @ the Fair, IF they have room.

Any other recommendations out there-in case they can't fit me in?

Thanks,
    Tim

All that means is you have to turn the propane off, that's what we did and they were happy. It's a pretty good deal but remember that you can only get the rv when they are ready to let you come get it, which was in May for us, this was the winter of 2007/2008.

Default +1

The fairgrounds is where I have been storing my boat for the last 3 years.

Drop off in Oct, pick up early May. It was late April this year though. When you pick up your boat or RV they make you leave a deposit to reserve your spot for next year.

The price is pretty reasonable, but like AKHunter 45 said, you need to reserve your spot ASAP they may already be full.

I need to send in my deposit; I've been emailing the gal back and forth. Its a great deal for COVERED, and what seems to be secured storage!! Not what I'd expect for a reasonable price.

Tim