Thread: Gracious House mile 82 Denali Highway

Thumbs up Gracious House mile 82 Denali Highway

If you happen to be hunting the Denali Highway on the Cantwell side, there's a gem of a place I think you need to know about. I've been on the Denali many times and never payed much attention to the Gracious House. That is until I found myself in need. Butch owns and runs the place and is one of those guys that must have a closet full of hats. He does everything from tire repairs to Air Taxi. I'm not being paid to post this, he helped me out and I felt the least I could do is try to spread the word about his place. Just knowing he's there takes a lot of the apprehension out of driving the tire eating Denali Highway.

Default yup

I had a similar experience some years back with Gracious House. Good folks there. I appreciated the help enough that we had breakfast as well, just to support them some. I walked out with a fixed tire and a belly full of one heck of a good meal.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Thumbs up

3x

Yep, good people. I take it Butch never sold the place? He's had it for sale for a few years now.

Tim

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    3x

Yep, good people. I take it Butch never sold the place? He's had it for sale for a few years now.

Tim
    Saw an ad on TV, sorta looks like it. But you gotta be a millionaire, looking to buy a job if you are wanting to buy it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Gracious House

They are excellent people there! Great place and the best pies and ice cream you could have! He had told a friend of mine that he was going to be selling gas and fixing tires only this year, but I haven't confirmed yet. I'll be up there next week and am going to stop in and see how his winter went.

Anyone else know for sure either way?
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default Not just tires...

They still have the cafe, although they've reduced some services available associated with it. They still have the bar and they still have cabins for rent. Also has air taxi service.

I sure hope Butch is still a young wipper'snapper........ ....if not one of us is getting mature in years......