Thread: Camping out of seward

Default Camping out of seward

Looking to go down to seward with some freinds this weekend and thought it would be cool to find a place to camp out, outside the bay. I haven't been east out of the bay yet. I have heard that bowen is a good place to anchor, but is there any good place to get your raft up on some good flat land or is it just steep rock cliffs like out west of the bay. Iv'e looked at some topo maps of the area and it looks pretty steep to me. It would be cool to here about good campsites other people have tried

J. Buzby
    24ft. Bayliner Trophy

Default Driftwood Bay

It is an great place and well protected but getting back inside Resurection bay can be hard if the weather comes up. Driftwood is on the west side of Day harbor on the way in. OK fishing in there also. Good beach to walk but there is a cabin in there. Enjoy.

I agree with Driftwood Bay as being one of your best bets in Day Harbor. From my recollection, Bowen does not have good beach but instead is a rocky shore that transitions into brush and timber pretty quick--in other words, no flat camping areas.

Default driftwood

Cool guys, thanks for the info I was thinking that Driftwood could be an option but hadn't heard anything about it other than decent fishing like you guys said. It sure beats heading up to bowen as far as fuel goes. Has anyone ever camped in killer bay or safety cove ? they look steep on the charts also but I don't know. I think we'll probably troll out to caines head and then cross the bay.(Just above the narrows by the cabin on the rocks we had some luck last year pretty late in the season). Then maybe drop a line in the narrows by the slides and try barwell island on the way out to day harbor. We havent fished over on that side yet but I'm hopeful that we can get something in the cooler, even if it is just empty beer cans.