Thread: 20 Mile

Default 20 Mile

I'd like to check out 20 Mile.I have a 20 foot Wooldridge w/outboard jet. Is it doable? Any advice or tips??
    Thanks!

do it. I went a couple times thus spring. You know when to turn around and stop easy river to read. Have fun it can get skinny fast.

Default PM sent

I sent you a PM

Default some tips......

1. take the third opening (between the piers) from the right under the railroad bridge as you head upriver from the ramp, lots of old pilings and/or very shallow at all other openings

2. don't back your rear axle over the drop off lip at lower tides when launching.

3. watch out for tidal flats in mid channel in the lower river, hard to read and change constantly as the tide rises/falls...........if in doubt, go slow or get stuck.

4. If you have a windshield & canopy, you can still get under the railroad bridge at all but the very highest tides.

5. river can rise 4 feet in a day under heavy rains, drops a bit slower.

6. take the left branch at the forks as you head upriver, unless you are very confident in shallow, braided, log strewn fast water that you will quickly find on the right fork

7. can't go much at all past the ADFG marker at mile ten (river miles from the highway) on the left branch......too shallow, braided & log strewn
    Last edited by LuJon; 06-26-2009 at 02:05.

No worries titobandito, I fixed the original so that should save some confusion.

Default THX

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking about heading down there sometime in the next few weeks. Hope to see some of you out there.

Default This Sunday 6/28

I am going (nice weather permitting for family) this Sunday, plan to leave Anchorage at 10:00AM. Anybody who recognizes my boat feel free to say "Hello"