Thread: Dang!!!!!!

Default Dang!!!!!!

I'm glad I'm safe at home and not caught up in the zoo that is the Russian River Sockeye harvest!!!!!

This photo is from 06/17/2009 4:16 PM

Please tell me it won't be like that Sept 1-4!!!!

Wow.

Nah, it's way better then.
    That's why I visit after Labour Day.

Here's a shot from early September 2007.
    It is shot looking upstream on the far side of the Kenai in the area just down river from where that horde is in the first shot.
    As you can see there is only 1/2 a dozen anglers in the same area that there are a 100 now. Two of those 6 in the photo were with me.

Hmm, I think I'll head to a different area even then!

I like seeing river pics though, the rivers are all so big, so it gives me some idea of what kinds of water I'll be looking at when I'm there. And crowd info is priceless, I would rather not fish around a lot of people on this trip. Don't get me wrong, when I get back to CO I'll be shoulder to shoulder with my dad for some landlocked salmon, but in AK if I can pass by the people, I would prefer to not see anyone hahah. I know on the KP it sounds highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by FishnPhil View Post

I like seeing river pics though, the rivers are all so big, so it gives me some idea of what kinds of water I'll be looking at when I'm there. And crowd info is priceless, I would rather not fish around a lot of people on this trip. Don't get me wrong, when I get back to CO I'll be shoulder to shoulder with my dad for some landlocked salmon, but in AK if I can pass by the people, I would prefer to not see anyone hahah. I know on the KP it sounds highly unlikely.
    Yeah, good luck with that.

They are lined up like that all the way down guardrail, through the powerline channel. Then there are 4 or 5 camps on windy corner, several on 57 plus another 3 or 4 just off the river in the woods. That place is a nut house. Im going float the bridge down this weekend but will just be on cruise control on most of the lower part. They are just salmon folks. It really puts a crimp trying to chase bows on the bars right now.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default That's a big river

You should be able to get away from the crowds. That's an awful big river to be fishing the same 300 yards of riverbank as everyone else.

Default Many better spots to fish then...

Please tell me it won't be like that Sept 1-4!!!!

Wow.
    I can think of many different area's of the upper river that I would rather fish in early Spetember...

Quote Originally Posted by TYNMON View Post
    I can think of many different area's of the upper river that I would rather fish in early Spetember...
    Agreed, I only stop there for a few casts if no one is around.
    There is way better water to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    They are lined up like that all the way down guardrail, through the powerline channel. Then there are 4 or 5 camps on windy corner, several on 57 plus another 3 or 4 just off the river in the woods. That place is a nut house. Im going float the bridge down this weekend but will just be on cruise control on most of the lower part. They are just salmon folks. It really puts a crimp trying to chase bows on the bars right now.
    Chuck, a good way out of that is the canyon. We didnt see one boat...granite we launched at 5 am.
    Or you could Roll with Sam, Megan and I this weekend. When are you heading out? Ill give you a call and let you know my plans, you acutally might be able to help me out alot big time on friday if your able to.
    Go Fish

Thumbs down

**** I dont get to the mainland that often, i used to want to build a house in homer someday, but those pictures may have just changed my mind on that one. I think Ill just stay put for now.

Things are slowing down at the Russian.
    There's hardly anyone there at all now.

Bring a crow bar to open up a spot for you to sneak in and fish!!!

people and fish, or gulkana and klutina, no people no fish high muddy water..hmmmmmm...decisions