Thread: Chitina Dipnets

Default Chitina Dipnets

I have a long handled dipnet (fiberglass handle) which works fairly well. Last year my oldest son dipped with me and had borrowed a net from a friend in Fairbanks. The dip net had several short (5') extension tubes. This allowed for comfortable dipping from almost any height on the rocks. Does anyone know where this type of dipnet can be purchased in the Wasilla or Anchorage area?
    Thanks, Doug in Alaska
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Are they the blue poles? I know B&J's at 2749 C Street, Anchorage carried them last year. I believe they are 6" sections.

I think they were silver (aluminum) but I guess it really doesn't matter. Thanks for reply, I'll check with B&J's this weekend.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

We just bought one fiberglass handled net with a pretty good sized hoop from Walmart for $120. You'll want to add a handle of some sort for some leverage, but it worked fine and it's got a good sized hoop.

The other net we worked was the exact same type of handle but with a normal salmon landing net on the end. They both caught equal numbers. They aren't B&J's, but they are a couple hundred dollars less, too.

Default Pole alternatives

Check posts 20 &21 on the thread at:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=56065

for another option: antenna pole

~tr