Thread: Sharkhide order ????

Default Sharkhide order ????

Alright well i have been dealing with the owner of sharkhide for a couple of weeks now about an order from his company. I was finding it difficult to get the products i purchased up here because of the shipping of hazardous goods can't go through the air. Well after running and gunning alot of companys i found one that will ship up to 50lbs for only $45.00! That is not bad compared to alot of freight hualers wanting between 150.00--250.00 dollars. Does anyone else want to order some and split the already low cost or if i order a good amount ($100.00 worth), would anyone want to buy some from me when it gets here? If anyone is interested, just let me know and i we'll go from there. If you have any questions just call me at 715-0607. Thanks

David

David,

I don't want any at this point but I woudl love to hear what you have to say about it, both the application process and once it has been on the boat for a while. I hear people tal about it but I don't think I ever hear about anyone using it.

Jim

David: If you can get enough interest to order a full case (12 cans I think) count me in for a can. I think Clint will give you a decent break on the price if you order a full case - he is good to deal with.

I use SharkHide and love it. I sent my SharkHide up in my boat when I shipped it up from Seattlet year.

Let me know

Jim

694-5700

where in alaska do you reside md? if you dont mind me asking^^
    if your within driving distance i might pick some up off ya
    sevenmag

Default HideI

I sharkhided my boat 2 years ago and it still looks like new, you'll love that stuff! When I get back from this trip I'll post some close ups if you'd like so you can have an idea as to how it holds up. BTW, I bought mine at A.M. & D.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the replies, i was trying to see if anyone was interested in ordering some and splitting the shipping costs more than anything. Yes clint is an awesome guy to deal with and really cares about his product and the feedback people have on it! I have been talking to him about selling it up here for him, because no-one really keeps any in stock and with all the aluminum boats i think it would be great product to have available locally. I may order a bulk shipment and just sell it, to help others that don't want the hassle of getting it shipped up here etc.. BTW i am in Palmer. Thanks for the good word on the product i have been eyeballing it for a while and saw some boats with it on them and yes they look really good. I am going to give it a run through before i decide to help sell it or not.

David

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    David,

I don't want any at this point but I woudl love to hear what you have to say about it, both the application process and once it has been on the boat for a while. I hear people tal about it but I don't think I ever hear about anyone using it.

Jim
    Did my XS three summers ago, when it was new. Applies easily, I just mopped it on with a terry towel. It will come off in small ribbon like pieces as a result of brushing a sweeper or gravel, but not excessively. I simply do a bit of touch up each spring. I originally purchased two quarts, used the first for the first application and still have about 2/3 of the second quart for touch up. If you like your boat to remain looking as new, this stuff really works and is worth the $$.

Default Shark Hide

Hey David,

Did you ever place the order? I was thinking about trying it out on mine too.

Rob

anchorage suzuki arctic cat has in on their shelf

Greer Tank on International Airport Road also has it on their shelf.

Great Thanks

Default does it bleach the aluminum

From the pics on the web page it appears to me that sharkhide bleaches the aluminum much like the zeplume(sp) product. If that is the case, a person then has to buff the boat to get nice clean new look. Thats alot of work. Whats everyone's experience?

Default Sharkhide

I would like to try a quart if you put in an order. Would be happy to help with shipping as well. I live in Anchorage.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Quote Originally Posted by Avid outdoorsmen View Post
    From the pics on the web page it appears to me that sharkhide bleaches the aluminum much like the zeplume(sp) product. If that is the case, a person then has to buff the boat to get nice clean new look. Thats alot of work. Whats everyone's experience?
    Go to the boat mod, refurb forum on here. Go to the second page, and click on Wooldridge, by my buddy reilly. He used it to clean up a 1977 wooly. Stuff looks like it works. He said it was a lot more work than the sharkhide website showed.