Thread: Shrimping in Homer

Default Shrimping in Homer

We are headed to Homer this weekend to catch some halibut and I am thinking about bringing my pots along. This is my first season and I have only set pots in PWS, anyone have any decent spots or advice for shrimp in Katchamak Bay? I was thinking about trying outside of Sadie Cove but I am not really sure.

Thanks in advance!

Better check the regs or you might get a visit from one of Alaska's finest.

Well, guess I won't be taking my pots after all... Thanks for the heads up.

Default Homer shrimp?

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    We are headed to Homer this weekend to catch some halibut and I am thinking about bringing my pots along. This is my first season and I have only set pots in PWS, anyone have any decent spots or advice for shrimp in Katchamak Bay? I was thinking about trying outside of Sadie Cove but I am not really sure.

Thanks in advance!
    You better check your regs shrimping has been shut down there for about 15 years. We use to go to the head of Bear cove and do pretty good. If it is open let me know it would definatly be closer for me.

Yeah, check the regs, here:
    http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/Stati...tral/SCngc.pdf

I don't believe any of the waters near Homer are open for shrimping...but some of the waters on the outer coast are open, but you'll have to be east of Gore Point (Between Gore Point and Cape Aialik) for shrimping.