Thread: Ressurection Pass Trail

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

Exclamation Ressurection Pass Trail

So the wife and i want to take her little brother on the Res Pass Trail and go from Cooper Landing to Hope. Where do you guys get your latest and greatest updated maps/charts for the trail at? Looking at Early August. Any info on the trail, Fishing/Hunting tips, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys for all your help. Happy Trails! Also if anybody would be interested the invite is always there. Thanks,

Rob

You can P.M. or email me at uscgrob@yahoo.com

The USGS in Anchorage on the APU campus. Don't know if they can be ordered online. The maps are $4-6/each.

Tim

The National Geographic Kenai National Wildlife Refuge map is a good one. Has good topo detail, shows all the cabins and campsites along the trail and is waterproof. The only thing is doesn't show is the type of fish that can be found in each of the lakes and streams along the way. I believe my map came from Sportsmans Warehouse and think REI may carry them as well. If you want to order one you can get is through the Outdoors Directory Store.

The Road & Recreation Map for the 'Kenai Lake and Vicinity' is also very good. It shows larger topo detail and the detail may be just a bit better. Shows the cabins and campsites with mile markers for each. Also show what fish are in the various lakes. The only downside of this map is it only shows the southern half of the Resurrection Trail. These maps are made to cover various parts of the Kenai Penninsula so you may be able to find one of the entire Res. Trail. They have these maps next to the sporting goods counters at Fred Meyer. Also available to order through the AOD Store, but I just looked and they do not make a map that covers the whole Res. Trail.

You can reserve the cabins along the trail in advance at www.recreation.gov.

I've never done the whole trail but have hiked and bikes parts of it. Its an easy hiking trail. In the fall you'll cross lots of wolf and bear tracks along the trail. There's obviously easy access to water so that's no problem. Should be a great hike.

I usually download digital scans of topo maps at the USGS website:

http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/...a=%24ROOT)/.do

The Google Earth rendering is always fun to fly through and provides a more dimensional perspective.

Hey Rob,

There is an Ultra that's happening on the trail early August.
    I have a friend that's driving down from Fairbanks to compete in the Cooper Landing 50 going from Cooper Landing to Hope. It will be the first Saturday, so just as an FYI, there are racers that are planning on being on the trail to train and compete for that weekend. He's driving down there August 1st to run some of it in increments and then compete in it.

You can still probably go and enjoy your time up here, but there will definitely be racers present... especially at the 28 mile marker where there is an aid station so it might be busy in that area.

I hope that helps.

COtoAK
    Lurker.

Default Thanks!

COtoAK,

Thanks ALot for the info.
    Rob

Default Reports?

Hey
    Getting ready for RES PASS and just wondering if anybody has been there as of lately or hiked it. If so some feedback would be great. Thanks!

ROB

Default Res Pass

I wrote a guide for the trail several years ago that never found a publisher- I can send it to you in Word format if you want to look it over- drop me a note at ancguy49 AT yahoo.com.

About a month ago we hiked from Devils pass to Cooper. Great hike, stayed at the Devils Pass cabin 1st night and then the Romig Cabin on Juneau lake the 2nd night. Trail is well maintained, only saw two black bears and sheep in Devils pass on 1st day. The trail is well marked and easy to follow. Should have no worries about getting lost. We brough a GPS just to know how fast and far we had hiked to stay on pace. Caught some small trout in Juneau Lake using spinners, fish the drop off on the far side of the lake.

Steve

Default thanks

Thanks guys!

ROB

Default Trail guide

Dude- if you want a copy of my guide, let me know. No charge!

-Tom-