Thread: New POW Digs

Default New POW Digs

Well I asked some questions here a while back about insulating my current cabin while we built my cabins and cookhouse for my POW business. Thought you all may enjoy the pseudo finished product.

We started construction on new buildings on February 21st and we built two cabins and the cookhouse all of which are now in full visitor mode. All cabins have Rinnai heaters (propane) and on-demand Rinnai hot water heaters. Cabins are two bedrooms and cookhouse is all open with a utility room. Lots of work but it turned out well I think.

GOoch
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Interior of cabins

We added a bunk and queen to each

Default Kitchen/Living Area

Nice sheep huh? :-)

Default Last things

Still need to do the skirting and finish the crushed rock work but we have all the plumbing, wiring and everything done. Unfortunately I had to do a full DEC approved whitewater system (**** salmon in my creek) but it worked out nice. Work was done by myself and friend primarily but I had three different buddies from Anchorage come down to help for a week or two during the mix and they were huge (thx Mark, Roben, and Darren). We finished a pallet of Keystone and ate hot pockets for two months but it was a fun experience. All winter we had fresh crab, king salmon, and halibut from the locals and it was a good time. Have framing photos as well but they're a bit boring. Took about two months or so. My friend Nick satyed down all winter to help and he was a monster, the only thing I had built before was a sandwich.

Gooch
    www.coffmancoveak.com

Default Framing and snow

Weather was rotten sometimes. Sometimes, glorious.

Default A little help

A local fella named Dick was looking for a winter project so he kind of be-friended us and he and his dog became our mascots. Dick cooked breakfast for us each day and dinner when needed and brought his sweet basset/beagle over each day. Here are Dick and Roscoe in one of my old cabins having chow. Lovely critter that Roscoe. Also a photo of the living room while framed.

We'll have to check out your handi-work if I make it there this fall. Where are you actually locate?

Default Hey Kingfisher

We're out the 3030 road (Loggers Lane) toward Luck Lake. Swing in anytime for some coffee when you're out. Looking good for deer this year, today we got 21 crab and a bunch of shrimp! Life's good.

Hope you enjoyed the work, it was tough but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    We're out the 3030 road (Loggers Lane) toward Luck Lake. Swing in anytime for some coffee when you're out. Looking good for deer this year, today we got 21 crab and a bunch of shrimp! Life's good.

Hope you enjoyed the work, it was tough but fun.
    Thanks, will do.