I want to go down on opening weekend on the Kasilof. I have dipped on the Kenai but not the Kasilof. I have some questions. I have a 4wd pickup. 2 4' octagon hoops on 15' handles and I will be dipping from shore.
1) what technique is used on the Kasilof. While dipping at the kenai it was stick the net in the water and wait for the fish to swim into it. I have read mentions of walking with the current and the Kenai shuffle (whatever that is).
2) Is the fishing better from the north or south shore. I do not mind walking to the north shore if the fishing will be better.
3) Is there a good place to camp along the beach, whichever shore you suggest.
4) Is the 4 wheeler traffic at it all night on the south shore of the kasilof like it is on the Kenai?
5) opening weekend is a minus tide. Will that be good or bad for fishing all things considered equal?
6) How big will the crowds be on opening weekend, based on past experience. Will the minus tides make that number bigger or smaller.
7) What would you call a good catch for opening weekend?