Thread: Little Susitna - upstream from Parks Hwy.

Default Little Susitna - upstream from Parks Hwy.

I went down last night to the Schrock Rd. bridge and walked the river quite a ways downstream, I have a couple questions;

Does the trail on the south bank cross any private land? it seems to just keep going and I saw a new (very large) house being built on the north side.

I have heard there are rainbows, grayling and char in there but have yet to catch a thing, last year I figured it was just bad weather or maybe fished out but I went out last night since it just opened and never even got a bite. Anybody had any luck there?

Does anyone know where to buy this style crappie jig?
    I cannot seem to find them anywhere this season.

Default Jigs

I am heading up to Alaska tomorrow. I will be in the area. If you want and if I have time I can grab you some jigs (I live in WI)

They are super easy to make. Then you can customize them the way you want. Get lead heads from sportsman's warehouse and the other stuff fromt the fly fishing department.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

You can get them by buying the cheep childrens rod kits. You can buy the jigs seperately, but you will pay more for them and not get the free rod with them.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

rentalman, I live just up around the corner, I think thats all privite property owned by the guy thats got the big shop down there. Did you make it down to the nice picnic table?
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I didn't see a picnic table, I stopped a little ways past the big tyvek wrapped building on the north side, certainly don't want to trespass.
    I think I might have bought a pistol from you.

Default trout lure

Hey give me a call and I will set you up with the kill early season trout spinner, if there there you'll catch em
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Try BassPro.com for the crappie jigs. I usually pick them up when in the lower 48 by the card. You might also try Cabela's.

So, I might be an idiot I went to 3 rivers fly and tackle here in Wasilla and they had all kinds of crappie jigs! Guess maybe I should've tried the tackle store for tackle eh?

Still not sure where to go for decent trout/grayling fishing but I have got the fishing bug bad!

Canoe Lake... is close by and has plenty of both Grayling and rainbows. Long Lake has bigger rainbows, but is catch and release only. In both cases it will help to have a float tube, canoe, cataraft or such to access more of the lakes.