Thread: Chest Waders from Costco

Thumbs up Chest Waders from Costco

A couple months ago I bought a pair of those Allen chesties they have in stock over at the Dimond Costco. Finally put them to the test this last weekend down on the Russian -- for $80, they're ****ed nice!! I chatted with a few other guys I saw sporting the same waders, they were happy with them too.

If anyone is looking to pick up an extra pair of chest waders, grab 'em before they're gone (last time I was over at Costco they still had a pile of them). I think you'll pay a lot more $$ for a lower-quality wader at B&Js or Sportsman's or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by chumstik View Post
    A couple months ago I bought a pair of those Allen chesties they have in stock over at the Dimond Costco. Finally put them to the test this last weekend down on the Russian -- for $80, they're ****ed nice!! I chatted with a few other guys I saw sporting the same waders, they were happy with them too.

If anyone is looking to pick up an extra pair of chest waders, grab 'em before they're gone (last time I was over at Costco they still had a pile of them). I think you'll pay a lot more $$ for a lower-quality wader at B&Js or Sportsman's or wherever.
    I concur - I bought mine there this spring, and have abused them!

Been bushwacking in the sticks, hiking along rivers, lakes etc - and they're holding up great.
    Best $80 spent so far this year..

Default shoes for costco waders

what are you using for shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by akseagirl View Post
    what are you using for shoes?
    I bought a pair of Hodgman (s/p) boots from Sports Authority that I'm very happy with.
    Felt bottoms really help on the slippery rocks

Corkers Streamborn from SW, little spendy but worth it being able to swap between felt, rubber or studded soles.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I bought a pair of the costco allens three years ago and have put alot of miles on them in thick brush and pungi stick country. Climbing trees hunting fall moose and icy snow and crust hunting spring bears. They have held up suprisingly well for the cost.

Sprung the first slow leak this spring out bear hunting at a seam in the inner leg near the knee were my knees were rubbing together. Should be easy to fix. I actually bought two pairs so I should be good for a couple more years at least...

I just use an old pair of lightweight hiking boots with the inner soles removed. Once they get wet they loosen up and work good.