Thread: The Savage Scout Rifle and the Rem. Mod. Seven in 350 Rem. mag.

Default The Savage Scout Rifle and the Rem. Mod. Seven in 350 Rem. mag.

Just passin along some "newly" found discoveries in the gun world. Although not new to some of you savvy up to daters I found these two jems recently because I haven't regularly visited the rem. or savage web pages. That scout rifle was chambered in 308 and weighs 6.25 lbs. It looks like a lyman peep sight comes with it! It should be about a 550-600 dollar gun at the gunstore! what a rifle IMO. Then....I saw that rem. chambers their mod. seven for the 350 and comes with open sights. two great lil rifles. any one own either of these?

Default Beartooth had...

one of the Model sevens and did a lot of load testing with it. You might find some info searching the forum archives, or just ask him.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Default Northern Security Supply

The 'cop shop' on old seward had a Mod 7, 350 on their used rack for a long time. Might be a consignment gun, iirc.

They were asking somewhere around $1K for it with a scope. If you are in the area, you should stop by, if only to check out the balance and such.

I haven't been in there for a while, but I know it was there within the last month.

Nate

Don't own either of them, but sure would like to. I've had both of them on my "list" for awhile now. A guy can dream, can't he???

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

With those cartridges, I would avoid anything with a LESS THAN a 20 inch barrel.

I've damaged my ear-balls enough already.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.