Thread: outboard motor value

Default outboard motor value

Trying to get an idea of the value of my motor.I just tried the NADA web page and about choked when I seen their number,seemed extremely low.Anyone have a good source to look into?The motor is a 1994 30hp tiller drive johnson with low hours and runs very strong.

I don't know what that particular motor is worth, but I will say that there are quite a few 25-35 hp 2-strokes on the local market right now since the Kenai went to 4-strokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

I just looked at the Nada sight, that definately looks way low. I'd look at craigslist and alaskalist to see what similar motors are going for.

You are in sort of an oddball hp bracket for AK, as there are always folks looking for 8-15 hp for small inflatables, and 50hp on up for skiffs. That said I'd think you should be able to get at least $750 for the engine.

I figured it was worth about the same,possibly a little more but i'll be keeping my eye on similar motors and see what their going for.I'm thinking to possibly sell my boat/motor or just sell the motor and go bigger.Descisions,Descisions!Thanks Guys

Smile i had a hard time too...

it was'nt no ""1994 30hp tiller drive johnson"" I had 1998 25 hp force 3cyl (blk) with such LOW hours that the paint was still on the org spark plugs from the factory! Asked 825.00 ( for some moving room) it was a hard sell at that (in 2007)... the folks in the bush like them little moters allrite on fuel / cheap to buy.. "try some ads out there"...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Well I just decided to try n sell the boat,motor and trailer together.I was really surprised the last time I took it out,there were 4 adults and my little girl and that 30 hp jumped us right on step and kept us at 20mph.I hate to see it go(if it does)but I had big dreams of fishing every weekend in it and it hasn't worked out like that so i'm lettin it go.