Thread: July Mission trip Kaintucks coming

Default July Mission trip Kaintucks coming

Hey guys, I will be coming with a group of my church brothers from Kentuckky to help build a mission retreat in Chickaloon from July 5 through the 13th. We have scheduled about a day and a half after we complete our project (11-12) to sightsee and try to fish a little on our own. We have a couple of younger guys we would really like to get them a chance to catch a salmon or two. I came hunting in 2002 and family sightseeing in 2003 and fell in love with the country. As a matter of fact, the hunting forum was my primary planning resource on my solo unguided caribou hunt and we had a great trip (4 caribou, tasty tasty).

I have been told that there are not really any options near Chickaloon, but any ideas on where we might stumble onto some fish. Not asking for any secret honeyholes, just a point in the right direction.

Also, more importantly, can our mission team help meet any need for you guys. Any prayer requests. We believe that the Lord will bless our trip and we want to help in any way that we can.

Thanks
    rick major
    Sonfishing

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreekoutdoor View Post
    Hey guys, I will be coming with a group of my church brothers from Kentuckky to help build a mission retreat in Chickaloon from July 5 through the 13th. We have scheduled about a day and a half after we complete our project (11-12) to sightsee and try to fish a little on our own. We have a couple of younger guys we would really like to get them a chance to catch a salmon or two. I came hunting in 2002 and family sightseeing in 2003 and fell in love with the country. As a matter of fact, the hunting forum was my primary planning resource on my solo unguided caribou hunt and we had a great trip (4 caribou, tasty tasty).

I have been told that there are not really any options near Chickaloon, but any ideas on where we might stumble onto some fish. Not asking for any secret honeyholes, just a point in the right direction.

Also, more importantly, can our mission team help meet any need for you guys. Any prayer requests. We believe that the Lord will bless our trip and we want to help in any way that we can.

Thanks
    rick major
    Sonfishing
    I wish I could be of more help to you guys - but I'm from the Anchorage area and don't get up that way much.

However, I hear there are some very large Northern Pike to be had in the Minto Flats area which will be near to Chickaloon. You might ask the locals where the best places are for those.

God bless in all you do.

Default thanks!

thanks so much