Thread: Yippee!

Default Yippee!

Great work on the new topic!

It's appreciated!
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Awesome! I didn't realize this forum was here until I posted in Phish's topic about trailers. This is a looooonnnngggg overdue forum! Most of my camping is of the family variety; with wife & kids and not too far off the road.

Tim

Family campers here too! Little one is 2.5 yrs old and loves it!
    We have a palomino pickup camper (pop up) ... and sometimes we go with just the tent.

Thumbs up Cool Spot

I think this will be a great place to talk about this all import topic!
    I have got a fifth wheel and love to take the wife out, have a nice fire and a couple of COLD ONES and all good in the world.
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Me too Trailboss. We use to do the leave Friday-combat fish till Sunday gig, but that kinda got old after returning from commercial fishing. We still fish, but are content with checking out new places and letting the kids rearrange the dirt and ride there bikes; sit by the fire and have a few cool ones!

Tim

Default Relaxing trips

The wife does alot of commuting for work and has a separate cell phone in case of emergencies. It's one of those prepaid phones, $10 a month. When we go camping it is the ONLY phone taken with us. The family are the only ones who know the #, and only use for emergency contact. We find it very relaxing to not be reachable to everyone while gone camping.

Sadly I am the opposite, when I get a trailer I will be shopping for the most powerful internet connection that I can get. My goal is to be able to work from the campground. Sure I will take time off to really enjoy it, but to be able to take my kids out camping when I don't have any PTO remaining would be GREAT. Besides I save my time off for chasing sheep and goats!

Default We've done the whole schmere...

... started with VW buses, upgraded to a class C, then travel trailer, back to class A, now P/U camper. Our kids grew up camping, and it was a great experience for them and for us. Now I still have an 8 year old (others are adults) plus two grandsons who spend mucho time with us.

We usually take extra stuff such as a tent and outside gear to augment the camper. We just throw it in the boat which we tow. I realize that many look down on such camping as being too tame. I don't care. For me, unless I'm seriously in pursuit of game, the experience and memories are what count.